Okay groovy ghoulies, what would be your dream Halloween??

Discussion of general Halloween topics
LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Okay groovy ghoulies, what would be your dream Halloween??

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:15 am

Mine would have to be to own a Victorian house at the end of a spooky lane. That I could fix up to be "that house all the kids are scared of." Almost like the Haunted Mansion in all its splendor. How about you??
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:22 am

Actually thought about this.
the trick would be to get the house from a nearby resort town..it's 1890's robber baron style with the big round window, veranda, towers, brown brick and weather vanes..and move it to the middle of the suburb where I am. have enough lawn chairs so all my e pals and pen pals in countries where they don't have halloween could watch..they can hand out candy, participate, be eveywhere at once..and not miss a thing.
big big front and back lawn, with enough room to have the static and animated displays, grave yards, and gauntlet you want them to run.
banquet that afternoon, five course, ending with Mom's pumpkin pie,
Gramma is back to tell us the story of DR JEKYLL AND MR HYDE, from the John Barrymore version she took her female gang to back in the 20's, when JUST THE GIRLS all going to a HORROR movie UNESCOURTED might as well have been smoking opium..
Uncle Bob is around again and can finally do the King Kong roof display that time and gravity and money did him out of..complete with planes and fire and crashes...watch out, kids underneath...
LIGHTS OUT and INNER SANCTUM is playing inside on a big stand up radio..and it's freaking out kids who never knew you could be scared just by radio..the giant rose episdoe and the one about the dentist woudl really do it.
Lots of music..
four of five of the best victorian mediums and spiritualists are doing their table tapping and oujiji boards, and fighting tooth and nail with four or five debunkers like the Amazing Randi, let the best man win...
My buddy Kenny is being sawed in half on the front lawn by his kid..she perfected the stunt for his birthday recently and uses a blow torch..two shows nightly...opening for Bix Biederbeke and His Wolverines in Vegas soon..
And my old buddy from Isreal, Sybil, is around..she was over here one year, and it was her first Halloween, and she came in a PERFECT skin tight, re creation of the inspirational black spandex outfit that Olivia Newton John wore at the end of GREASE and asked us if 'this was ALRIGHT because it wasn't SCARY..' And I was the first to get my voice back after the throat went completely totally dry and the air got sucked out of my lungs and I said;"yes...that's just SWELL..."
And at one, we shut down, and it's cold cuts and cold apple cider and we have about four or five of the biggies to close the night with, all running at the same time in different rooms..NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, HALLOWEEN, FRANKENSTIEN, you name it..
the bedrooms are decorated according to your own tastes from tikki lounge to tasteful Pier One to Something Actually Fashionalbe from The New York Times to 14 year old sleep over..

That would be a start...
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:43 pm

Hey Tor. When you throw THAT party, you give me a call.

Yeah.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:50 pm

promise...
the best aftermath we ever had one year was when it was very warm out...hot actually, and a few folks wound up sleeping on the back lawn...some little geek was sneaking though the back, who knows what for..maybe to wreck a pumpkin..and I KNOW he thought it was just dummies out there..until one of the SCARECROWS began to move and pass wind and spit and scared him out of his skivvies...made it out of the back yard in track star time..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:14 pm

I live in an old victorian house. I wish it was in a dark woods so I could rreally creep myself out on Halloween. I would hide things in the woods like skeletons in the trees and such, and I'd also have a fog machine somewhere, helping to make a creep effect that would scare people or at least put them in a creep Halloween mood.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:24 am

I agree with Tom...uncletor when you have that shindig, I am THERE, my friend! :lol: I'd like to have a bigger front porch so that I could decorate more...

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:51 pm

My dream Halloween?

I'd love to own a bed and breakfast in a rural area (preferably with mountains and lots of forest). During October I would offer Halloween weekend packages. All the guests would know is they are in fact part of an experiment similar to that of Richard Matheson's Hell House or Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House.

Guests arrive on Friday and at the front gates to the drive they are met by a horsedrawn carriage. Porters load their luggage on the carriage. A valet drives their car away.

The horsedrawn carriage takes the slowly ascending dirt road past a very gothic graveyard. The house the pull up to is an old mansion (didn't see that coming, did you?). They are dropped off and the carriage leaves them stranded - no ride, no cell phones, just them and their luggage.

After a gourmet meal the rules of the weekend are discussed. It is explained that the house is believed haunted and that the woods surrounding the house are equally haunted.

What the guests don't know is that one couple is a plant - actors who are in on the plot. Nor do they know that the B&B is chock full of scares concocted by people like you.

Let the weekend begin... :twisted:
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:15 pm

Oh that would be fun! I have always wanted to do something like that. My boyfriend has a good buddy that tours haunted houses with paranormal experts. He said he would take us with them sometime, though I like the idea of actually sleeping in a haunted place or a make believe haunted place. The scare would be so much fun.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:43 pm

My Dream is my Reality...what you guys all said...is what I do. I own a Bed N Breakfast. It was built in 1887. It has 14 rooms ( 5 bedrooms) 4 bathrooms, It is very Victorian. It has the cool outside park lights, it has the huge wrap around front porch, it has a balcony, it has hardwood floors, and high ceilings, and kind of gothic looking doors that open in to my living room, and we have the coolest setting for a Halloween party...which is what I always wanted, and every year it gets bigger and bigger...more and more people come, we have a huge pumpkin carving contest, and line all the pumpkins up along the stone wall in front of our house, and light them so that people can drive by and see them.

This might sound crazy...but one year in the fall we were going to a resort for the weekend...and we drove past this awesome Halloween store, and in front of it...was an old black hearse, and you could rent that for Halloween parties, and they had orange and black balloons tied to the antenna...I thought it would be the coolest thing to have a really glamourous party where you got really dressed up, and you could send a driver out in the hearse to go pick up all your friends in it...give them a ride around town, and then bring them to your party....

Here's a picture of my house:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/ ... 115010.jpg

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:49 pm

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:22 am

What a BEAUTIFUL place!!! I love to go to B&B's. They are so much better than motels! What a job, though, you're on duty 24/7.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:31 am

I only work when I want to, I book people when I want to do it, and if I don't, I say sorry I am booked, or busy. That's what is cool about it. I don't take people in off the street...they have to make advance reservations, cause that way I get all their personal information, and know a little about them before they come.

Everyone who I have had stay here has been fantastic. I just met 2 doctors over the summer and they invited us to visit them in the spring to their home in Cape Cod...so it is great meeting people that I would never get a chance to met walking down my street.

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:59 am

You ARE living my real dream. I would love to talk to you about it. Is there any way you can PM me about the ups and downs of owning a B&B? I am very interested. I have been in the hotel biz for 3 years and I want to have my own place. Horror themed, of course.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:48 pm

Spooky, I am jealous! You're up in PA too...
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:23 pm

Oh a Haunted themed B&B would be fantasic! They would be a great olace to visit and I bet you'd always be booked. I know I would visit.