Amusement & theme parks in Oct.?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
bozz

Amusement & theme parks in Oct.?

Post by bozz » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:52 pm

I've been to P.K.I. and Cedar Point which is one of the best with 5 H. House's and 2 fright-zone mazes....they really deck the place out.......anybody else do any parks during Oct.? P.K.I. can be pretty scary too.

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by halloweenqueen » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:01 pm

here in Houston they used to have Fright Fest at Astroworld but Astroworld closed down so we don't have anything anymore! :cry:

bozz

Hay-rides

Post by bozz » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:07 pm

Too bad.....we also do a few hayrides too....one of them is like a movie ride......very well done....fire,water and lots of huge mech. props....has many little villages that are theme to a spooky movie with lots of actors to jump on your wagon.

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:27 pm

Up near Dallas, in Waxahachie we have Screams which is pretty cool. What they did is take the grounds on which Scarborough Renaissance Faire is held and put four haunted houses there. Last I was there they had a Haunted Hayride, a maze, two conventional haunted houses and one house of mirrors and clowns. I thought it was well worth the money!
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

spintop
Ghost

Post by spintop » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:19 pm

Out here in Orange County, CA, Knott's Berry Farm puts on the biggest Halloween event I've ever heard of. Tons of mini haunted houses, street monsters, scary rides, etc. Check it out.... http://www.ultimatehaunt.com

Going on Oct 1st to kick off the best month of the year.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:30 pm

Yes, I've been to the Knotts "Scary" Farm Halloween Haunt a number of times, and without a doubt it's the biggest Halloween show I've seen...a whole large amusement park of monsters and haunted houses to go through.

Impossible to do all the mazes in one evening--the tremendous crowds are perhaps the only real drawback, because they pretty much pack the place to capacity.

Going early in the month usually does give you a better experience because the crowds are a little smaller.

Amazing show.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:34 am

Well we have Fright Fest which is at 6 flags Great America, we have tons of farmers around here so there always is a haunted maze or 3, hayrides, gift shops, haunted barns and tons of stuff to do. We also have the haunted theatre and the local Zoo has a Terror on the Trails thing every year. They are all great and go to all of them through out October every year.

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:44 am

Ah yes THE HAUNT..I always go and I have discovered if you go on a Thursday, the lines are so much smaller. If anyone is curious about it, definitely check out http://www.ultimatehaunt.com. Another place to go is Universal Horror Nights in Hollywood, CA or Florida.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:32 pm

Is Cedar Point fun scary or scary scary?? Im only about 5 hrs. from there and used to go during the summer when I was little...would love to go at Halloween!

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:42 pm

Hershey Park has a big Halloween thing they do there on the weekends.

I saw a bullentin board today....

I think it is for :

http://www.jasonswoods.com

I gotta go take a look and see if that is right, but it looked pretty scary.

Did anyone else ever live in a town where the firemen use to get an old abandoned house or buisness and put a Haunted House in them...those scared me to death as a kid. Someone always chased you out at the end with a chain saw. My brother would always come out bawling his head off.
I always closed my eyes, and held on to my date until we made it out.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:00 am

My daughter and friends just went to Busch Gardens, Williamsburg yesterday. She had to call me and tell me how GREAT the Halloween decorations were, and all the character actors, makeup, etc. She said the clowns were just CREEPY. I can't wait to see her pictures.

bozz

Post by bozz » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:43 am

MichaelMyers wrote:Is Cedar Point fun scary or scary scary?? Im only about 5 hrs. from there and used to go during the summer when I was little...would love to go at Halloween!
Both.....the place is really decorated well.....the fright-zones are pure fun.....the houses are pretty scary.......its got to be the best I've been to in the midwest.....we stay on grounds in the Breakers hotel every year....even the lobby is full of decor........its our favorite park and in Oct. even better..........we live just 3 hrs. south of the park.....check it out here.....http://www.cedarpoint.com

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:05 am

I wish the rennisance fair by me would do something for HAlloween. It is a really cool place on wooded grounds. That would be a perfect place to set up a haunted village.

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:57 pm

Hey, Black Cat, why don't you contact them and ask? I understand that was how Screams near me got started... someone made the suggestion. Next thing you know, Screams is making a lot of revenue and everybody is happy.
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:12 pm

That's a great idea! They have a website and I am friends with some of the people that have booths there. I think that would be a fantastic place for a Halloween village. The theme could be The Renaissance period. I'll have to see what I can do about that.