Corn and Green Bean casserole

Share your recipes and cooking tips!

Corn and Green Bean casserole

Postby Silver Belle on Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:39 am

Good morning, everybody! I thought about a recipe this morning that I cooked for the first time last Thanksgiving, but it's SO delicious that I've made it many times since...and it's insanely easy (Mrs. Holly Cl'Oz, you can do this! :D )!! Tried to find the link for it, but couldn't- anyway, here it is:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees--

Ingredients:

1 can (15 oz. standard size) green beans

1 can (same size) whole kernel sweet corn

8 oz. sour cream

1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (but I'm telling ya, I toss more than that in there :wink: )

1 can (15 oz.) cream of chicken soup

Drain the canned veggies and toss them in a large mixing bowl with the other above ingredients, mix well. Place mixture in an 8x8 baking dish and place in the oven for 30 mins.

There is a topping:

1 row of Ritz crackers, crushed (and I melt a little butter to mix in with them). After 30 mins., take the dish out sprinkle on the topping, and put it back in there for 10 more mins.

You're done!!!

It's completely delicious, y'all give it a shot this year if you want, you won't be disappointed!! :D
Silver Belle

Postby Christmas Knight on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:02 am

Thanks SB, I'm going to pass this on to my wife. She's the better cook, though I must say, when it comes to desert, I can out bake her any day. :lol:
Christmas Knight

Return to Holiday Recipes