What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Spooky » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:46 pm

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:00 pm

Here's a picture from our Halloween party from 2 years ago:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/ ... 1113-1.jpg

Each year I always try different recipes.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:06 pm

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:19 pm

Oh I love your holiday spreads! I wish I had the time and creativity to do the same! Me and my boyfriend all in the middle of moving up north. His job transferred him and I'm staying down here until the house sells. It stinks cuz we had to pack up a bunch of our stuff so I can't put up all of my decorations. It also stinks cuz he'll only be down on the weekends but we still plan on doing some of our Halloween traditions if we can.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:29 pm

Thanks!

That does stink about packing up stuff....will you get moved in time to put stuff up at the new place??

My attic is so overwhelming when I go up there and think about dragging everything out...it takes me weeks to completely decorate my house, and I swear I am still decorating every day up until Halloween.

I am going to start the end of this week, and get full swing in to it. I have Fall stuff up...that I keep up until Thanksgiving, but I can hardly wait for Halloween.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:51 am

Spooky...I am overwhelmed...what a great hostess you must be. (oh yeah, I forgot...can I come live at your house? Please???) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:11 am

I should warn...I am a professional...don't try this at home... :wink:

Actually...I love doing this stuff and that is why I opened as a Bed N Breakfast, I love making the breakfast. I make stuff according to the season...right now I serve stuff like Apple stuffed Pecan French Toast with Caramel sauce or Pumpkin Pancakes with Apple Cider Syrup. I love it! I can't believe I get paid to do it. It is a total dream.

Sure you can come live with me.....everyone else does. :lol:

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:54 am

i'm hungry now.

those spreads look awesome. you truly have a gift
trick or treat

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:29 am

We will have some stuff at the new place but I still have to wait here for the old place to sell. :( That's ok though. Whenever I am feeling down I can look at all the pics you posted and that will cheer me up! :D

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:53 am

Thanks.

I already have some ideas of food for this year.

I am going to buy Munchkins from Dunkin Donut and do a whole tray full of those, I never usually buy stuff...I make everything, but I love those.

I am going to do a wreath of apple slices where you alternate red and green apples...and make some dip for in the middle.

I am going to make Orange Brownies, and this Butterscotch Delight (cause it looks orange)...and I am making a spiced apple ring upside down cake, and orange chocolate meltaways....

I always make bologna and cheese sandwiches that I cut in to Halloween shapes for the kids....this year I am going to make ham and chicken salad
and cut them in to BONE shapes (for my graveyard theme)

One year we made a giant submarine sandwich...and we cut it in sections and put them on these papers that look like giant cupcake liners...and then we made it weave through the other food like centipede...and we stuck carrot and celery sticks out the sides for legs and used olives for eyes.

It is easiest to make stuff that can be prepared ahead of time...the one year we made alot of deep fried stuff....I had broccoli cheese triangles, deep fried macaroni and cheese squares, breaded cauliflower, hot pepper cheese balls....and Pizza squares...they were all awesome, but someone had to be hanging in the kitchen deep frying everything so they were hot. The hot dogs that are wrapped up like "mummies" with the cresent rolls...they are easy, but it is a pain to be working around an oven when there is so much going on, so that was one I haven't done again.

I like using my crock pot, because you can do them early in the day. I have made sweet n sour meatballs and BBQ Little smokies....everyone always loves those.

I always make orange punch.

For St. Patty's Day last year I made a Lime Punch, and it was awesome.

Has anyone ever seen Sandra Lee's "Semi Homemade" on the Food Channel...she did a Halloween show last year...it was on the day after our Halloween party last year and she did some impressive stuff.

It was gorgeous.....but she had a way bigger budget than I do to work with. :D

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:10 pm

I watched that special. She always makes everything look so easy. She does a haloiday special for Thanksgiving and Christmas too!

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:59 am

Hey where did you get that cauldrin? I have been looking for one.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:11 pm

Hmmm.....probably at Wal-Mart or Kmart, but it was probably years ago.

That is what bums me out, they change everything and then stuff you might have wore out ,you can't get any more.

I have been trying to find orange cascading lights. I have some, but I want more...and I can't find them anywhere....last year I swear I saw purple ones too, and this year I couldn't find them either.