Bozz backyard scarecrow maze pics....>>

Are you a yard or home haunter? Discuss that here.
bozz

Bozz backyard scarecrow maze pics....>>

Post by bozz » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:35 am

Not too scary yet but we will get there.....ideas are welcome...its U shape and goes through my garage....I'll be in the shed as a decoy....we have 10 actors....amazing how creepy it all looks with tiki torches burning and foggers running.....we'll have a hidden ATV ....to honk and flash lights to get them to jump....may start it up for full effects....we have lots of little kids around here so have to keep it family friendly......see pics here >>>http://community.webtv.net/boswell7/doc0

darkshadow
Zombie

Post by darkshadow » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:05 pm

I like it! And I saw the same exact WELCOME at TARGET! Did you get it there?

bozz

Post by bozz » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:46 pm

Thank's.....I got it at Odd lots last year.....but yeah Target has one very similar.....I'm gonna hang a "enter here" door cover on it to hide the maze a little as we get closer.....I'll continue to update the pics from time to time.....the garage decor pics should look cool....thats my next project on this maze.....thanks again !!

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:54 am

Bozz...LOVE the archway and Welcome sign. Looking forward to more pictures.

kevin
Crypt Keeper

Post by kevin » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:16 am

Do you have any pics with strobes and fog going? Are you using a low lying fogger? If not, check out gotfog.com, to make an easy one. Takes about 30 minutes to an hour, use a 48 to 60qt ice chest, cut some holes in the side, run some PVC tubing from the top to one hole, put some thick screen mesh between the holes on the inside, and put the unit somewhere out of site. Then, fill with dry ice an hour or two before use, and put your fogger right up to the one side about an inch away and watch it lay out low lying fog. Very kewl effect. I did it with straight ice cubes and the 1200watt fogger I have spits out too much fog too fast to get chilled. I am hoping the dry ice does the trick, at about $22 to fill up my ice chest with it, it better. :D

Get a couple of strobes going, and some purple/black lights if you dont have those. I bought some cheap clip on lamp holders for $5 and put black bulbs in them... great for the kids when they walk up and see their self's glowing (if they wear bright items), as well as for those areas where you put some props up that will glow with black light.

bozz

Post by bozz » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:26 am

Thanks.....yeah got lights and 2 foggers.....need to update pics....only problem is the wind....little windy out back.....the tiki torches look the coolest with fog.....casts lots of shadows.....almost done with garage......really came out creepier than I thought it would....lots of cobwebs you have to duck under.....with a flashing Michael Myers mask hanging in them......very creepy.......also have a flying Casper that sounds creepy......with strobe and black lights......added 3 more scarecrows for hiding places out back......really happy it all came together........I worry about the Garage and suddently it turn out very spooky....attic door is open with lights and cobwebs.....makes you look up and duck under......while we will be hiding low to scare ya.......amazing did not think it would work as well or be scary.....but now it should be perfect.... we have our dry-run party this Sat.,.......hope it goes well.

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:44 pm

Can't wait to see pics, bozz!

bozz

Post by bozz » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:08 am

MHooch wrote:Can't wait to see pics, bozz!
I do enjoy your pics as well......I'm off for a week starting this Sunday....we will have a live video cam running and a fully automated......game camera which shoots pictures as people walk in and out of the maze and airbown house.......so should have plenty of pics......I will redo my whole web page and update it with all my new creepy decor......I'm still amazed at my garage......really thought it would be my weakest link with no direction or theming ideas.....but now I think its the scarest part.....my boy said once I made that tight corridor tunnel (from the garage service door out back) with walls and cobwebs.......he wouldn't go in.....lol......I knew I had done well....my wife says she has to leave the lights on out there......ha...ha.....hope the little ones will go in.....can't wait to find out !!!Thanks again.....ya'll

bozz

WEB PAGE UPDATED WITH 9 NEW PICS......

Post by bozz » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:44 am

The moment you all been waiting for....lol...I have updated my web page with 8 or so new pics.....let me know what ya think about the garage and stuff.....enjoy !!!