Real or artificial tree?

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Postby SWC on Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:16 pm

We always get a real tree. It's fun going to pick it out, bringing it home, setting it up...then about three weeks in it's droopy as heck. We're considering going fake this year. I feel sorry for my little Rabbie though...

He lives under the tree every Christmas for the past six Christmas'. And when I say 'lives' I quite literally mean he only comes out to go to his litter box, get a drink and grab a bite- and he's back to the tree. It's his natural rabitat. <3 But who knows, he might enjoy a fake one too. I suppose now is the time to decide.
In these little bric-a-brac, a secretis waiting to be cracked

These dolls and toys confuse me so, confound it all, I love it though.
SWC

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:34 pm

Thank you very much. You see, the rewards of having a real tree so out weigh the.... the.... Well, I wanted to say 'Bad' but there is no Bad. What, you have to waaaater it? and you have to get out the vaaaaaccuum cleaner once in awhile? God forbid!!!!

And once you've taken a picture of your artificial tree..... That's it! The next year rolls around and .....

"Oh, get a picture of the tree."

"Why, did it change? We've taken a picture of that tree every year!"

Every year is different as is every tree. Every year you think, this is the best tree we'ver ever had and the years go by and in your Christmas pics of the past there are different memories attached to every tree.

No. I can't imagine ever wanting an artificial tree. No smell. No mess. No maintainance. No searching for that one perfect tree. And that's fun whyyyyyy?

How many of you prefer real pumpkins to artificial ones?
Ol' Black Pete

Postby SWC on Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:45 pm

It's settled then, I'm sticking with a real one. You've convinced me. ]

You had me at " Every year is different as is every tree". So true.
In these little bric-a-brac, a secretis waiting to be cracked

These dolls and toys confuse me so, confound it all, I love it though.
SWC

Postby Snow Faery on Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:59 pm

Ever since I was a little girl we have had a real tree. I adore the smell and the sight of a real tree, and always used to go hand in hand with my mum and dad to pick one out from the bunch of trees at our local gardening centre. I am sad to say that the tradition ended last year when I moved into a small little flat with barely enough room to fit the furniture. Instead, I bought a black gothic aritifical tree and plenty of Tim Burton style baubles and nik naks for it :) It's just the right size and it looks so cute with all the presents wrapped up under it. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for having a black tree, but then they see it and realise that it actually looks really Christmassy and pretty, and hey - they should know I do things differently by now ;)

I would love to have a real tree again, not even my Mum has one at her house now because of the cat (he will not leave it alone) .. I miss it so much. It's just not the same without the smell of pine, the sticky fingers from the sap, the fallen needles stabbing you in the toes and all your precious decorations hitting the floor when the branches start to droop :lol: I love it!!
Snow Faery

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:45 pm

SWC, I'm glad you've made the right choice. You won't regret it! :wink:

Hi, Magick Snow Faery. You're absolutely right about all the mess that comes with having a real tree but that's all apart of what makes it so special. I love it too!
Ol' Black Pete

Postby I B Freezin' Wolfman on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:38 pm

Ol' Black Pete wrote:Look.... This is what a REAL tree is all about! This was last years.....

Huh? Huh? Can't you just smell the love!!!!!

Beautiful tree OBP.

BTW: Pumpkin question?

I spent hours carving mine. (at least two.) and the next day, it shrivled up, and it rotted a bit before I even sunk a knife into it to cut open the top. I plan to buy a few every year. Because I don't want my carvings to be wasted every year. I'll amass a collection. And you just CAN'T do that with a real pumpkin.

But I will have a single real pumpkin, carved with basic simple features. Just to have a real pumpkin on the premesis.

As for a real tree? I don't have the means to go out and buy one and bring it home. I already have an Arti tree, so I have to go with that. I just can't afford to buy something that is going to end up in the landfill a few weeks later.

IBF Wolfie. Streaching the SSI check til it screams.
Last edited by I B Freezin' Wolfman on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
45 }*-{)}

Lumps of Coal = 01
I B Freezin' Wolfman

Postby kallie0509 on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:45 pm

SWC, that bunny is just to cute. :D oh, i just remembered that when i was little, my favorite book was the velvateen rabbit. i used to cry and cry while i was reading that book! :cry:
kallie0509

Postby Christmas-Lover on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:04 pm

gotta be artifical less mess and it doesnt prick you while your decorating it!!

:D
Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
Christmas-Lover

Postby squarejelly on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:38 pm

I have and always will like the real thing better and I personally don't think it is Christmas without one but being tight on money was have had to use a fake one the past couple years :(
squarejelly

Re: Real or artificial tree?

Postby Father Christmas on Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:56 pm

I miss having a big, real tree. Now we do not have a lot of money so we have to have the crappy, small, fake tree. :cry:
Remember, Christmas isn't about gifts and lights.
Christmas is about the savior, who lights up the dark, on ALL nights.
Father Christmas

Location: I lived at the North Pole but Santa kicked me out for stealing the presents.

Postby MelindaB on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:10 am

Typically I would vote for real, but I put up the most beautiful tree last year and it was artificial. Can't wait to put it up again, so I guess I vote artificial!
MelindaB

Postby Bad Santa on Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:34 pm

REAL REAL REAL! My mom subjected us to a fake tree my whole life. Never again I tell you...NEVER AGAIN! :lol:
Bad Santa

Postby reemus_claus on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:09 pm

I would say real but we have carpet and lots of animals and i don't want to hurt my animals. But we've always had a family tree which has been passed down. we still have it but it's old and broken so we've got a 7ft one. i'll try and find a picture of it. Which i'll add later. it looks so magical !

75 Days!!!!!!!!!!!
reemus_claus

Postby saivenkat on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:13 pm

I much prefer an artificial tree. My other half however insists on a real tree every year....
saivenkat

Postby reemus_claus on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Well saivenkat. If your other half insists on getting a real tree for your living room or where ever. Then you should insist on getting a small artificial tree for your bedroom or something. I wanted my own little tree. So i went to Wilkinson and i bought a little 3ft tree for FIVE POUNDS! :o

Anyway. :D

reemus_claus :D

75 Days!!!!!!!!!!!
reemus_claus

PreviousNext

Return to Christmas Thoughts