This year for Halloween

Discussion of general Halloween topics
spookyboo
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

This year for Halloween

Post by spookyboo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:28 pm

I am really excited about this Halloween (not that I am not excited 365, 24-7 about Halloween mind you but) I am going to have a funeral ...for this years theme! I know a bit gruesome but it will be a victorian funeral.. everyone should be dressed accordiingly in black mourning attire. I am setting up rows of chairs with yards of black tule and displays of dead flowers. I am going to have a pedestal at the front with an urn...havent found the right one yet but its got to be gothic and creepy. I plan on delivering a eulogy, and then inviting each guest to come up and say a few words about the imaginary deceased. I will give out funeral cards and everything. more later ......any suggestions would be great

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:17 am

Oh that sounds wonderful! That should be alot of fun! I really think that is a great idea and your party-goers will love it. I still haven't decided on a theme for my part this year. I'm still throwing around ideas in my head. I wanna do something fun yet spooky. I think you're on to something though!

mystixmanor
Ghost

Post by mystixmanor » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:38 pm

I thought I had the Halloween bug bad! This sounds great!! I would LOVE to hear more details on this as you go along.. might try something similar myself..
Mystix

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:30 pm

you should have someone dresse like the undertaker.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:39 am

I think we will be having 3 parties this year for Halloween. 1 for a childrens party, 2 for a friends/family party and then the 3rd would be for my husbands staff party. Now last june we had a beginning of summer party as my summer is a teacher the were equally excited about the summer break as the children were. Anyway it has been mentioned to me on two seperate occasions that a Halloween party would be fun to have.... Also a co worker of my husband (who is a friend of mne) mentioned there has been a bit of buzz about a possible party being hosted at our house. I certainly don't mind, the thing is none of the people actually know how much of a halloween freak I am. It will be fun to watch how they react to my house and layout of my decorations. I am just wondering if anybody has any ideas on possible games/activities or possible entertainment things for a group of people with an age range of 20-55 approx. I know our June party was a big success and if all else fails then the regular party mode will work. I would just like to make the Halloween party something special and something they will never forget.... Any info or ideas would be very much appreciated.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:40 am

Oh yeah I also wanted to mention I took down the songs mentioned in one of the other forums to make up a few cds. That was a big help. Thanks!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:34 pm

That sounds like an awesome idea for a party. Last year I based mine on the video for My Chemical Romance's "Helena" Everyone wore funeral clothes, the guys all wore red ties and black shirts, I had black umbrella's for all the girls, and the invitations (i'm really such a nerd) were the exact replicas of the funeral pamplets from the video, except instead of the tree I used a black tree of Gondor from Lord of the rings. Yeah, big nerd. They were printed on parchment type paper and had a red ribbon through the fold. I was so darn proud of those.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:51 pm

Thats sounds cool. I think this year I am going to have invites (for my grown up parties) like on a death certificate template or something. Your invited to the reading of the will for Mr & Mrs ..... on this date and attach along with the invite a obituary of my husband and me that explains how our tragic death went down and then we may be dressed up at the party in our burial clothes only look all zombified. 85% sure thats what we'll do but things change. I like to try and think of all different ways to make my parties more and more creative.... We'll see.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:37 pm

What an awesome idea for a party!!!

jekyllandhyde
Ghost

Post by jekyllandhyde » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:01 am

Love it! Do you have contacts with anyone that owns a hearse? That would be a nice touch.

This year will be our 13th annual Halloween party. We are going with a Witch's Ball theme but I really like the funeral idea.
It was already one in the morning; the rain pattered dismally against the panes, and my candle was nearly burnt out, when, by the glimmer of the half-extinguished light, I saw the dull yellow eye of the creature open . . .

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:02 am

If you're going to have a funeral, then you might as well have a sinister Tall Man from another dimension!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:14 pm

Thanks for the comments. I already have ideas of how the evening is going to be planned out and everything.... I'm getting very excited. I will have to start designing the clothes I'm going to be burried in.

Sheila
Zombie

Post by Sheila » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:29 pm

That is such a cool idea! I never would have thought of that. When I finally get a yard I would love to do something creepy like that. Im so happy that everyone has such great ideas!