houston, tx

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
halloweenqueen
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

houston, tx

Post by halloweenqueen » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:44 am

does anyone know of any haunted tours in or around the houston, tx area? i don't want to go to a haunted house with people jumping out at you, like at phobia, but a haunted tour or some truly haunted places (like the spaghetti warehouse)...any ideas?

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:35 pm

Go online and look for a book called "The Black Hope Horror." It's out of print, but relatively easy to find and inexpensive. It's a supposedly true story, by a family who used to live in the Crosby/Baytown area, and it's very similar to Poltergeist, the movie. The husband retired from Ethyl, in Deer Park, and the daughter's went to Deer Park High School, the graduated in the 70's. I went there too, and looked them up in the old year books the guidance counselor keeps. It turns out their neighborhood was built over an old slave cemetery, I sh*t you negative.

That book, along with The Exorcist and the Amityville Horror is one the most truly frightening things I've ever read. My friends and I have all passed it back and forth, and we've all gone out to the neighborhood a couple of times. It's not a guided tour, in fact one of the residents actually asked us to leave once, but you find some really eerie coincidences when you go there. The name of the street (how creepy is this) is called Poppet's Way. The yards have sinkholes, a lot of the houses are for sale and look abandoned, walked away from. You can stand on a stump and look over the fence at a pool that was put in at one of their neighbor's house where they found two buried bodies when they dug it.

Also, go to Barnes and Noble or something and get the book "Weird Texas" there are tons of awesome stories about creepy and weird stuff in the best state in the country.

It seems I've heard of a paranormal investigation team based in our area, too. I'll have to ask, but it seems like they're Ghosthunter type people, with all the fancy equipment and such. I bet you could find them on the interweb.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

omgthisiswhack
Ghost

Post by omgthisiswhack » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:30 pm

That town is in between Crosby & Baytown/Highlands. Its very small & its called Barret Station. I live very close to it, about 5 mins. I know where the street is your talking about. The whole town itself is pretty creepy. This story was also featured in an epsiode of Unsolved Mysteries.
I loved you the most.

nascargrl77
Ghost

Re: houston, tx

Post by nascargrl77 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:36 pm

halloweenqueen wrote:does anyone know of any haunted tours in or around the houston, tx area? i don't want to go to a haunted house with people jumping out at you, like at phobia, but a haunted tour or some truly haunted places (like the spaghetti warehouse)...any ideas?
I live like 5 min from there
Tara Galena
Independant Sales Consultant for Passion Parties