The Frighteners

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
BlackCat
Haunt Master

The Frighteners

Post by BlackCat » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:41 am

I just watched "The Frighteners" this morning with my boyfriend. I think it's a good film to watch to get you into the Halloween mood. It's funny a bit cheesy at times but all in all I think it's quite enjoyable. I like Michael J. Fox's performance and his supporting cast of "spirits" had me cracking up. Is there anyone else you likes this film?

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by geekmidwinter » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:16 pm

I absolutely LOVE this film. I went into it expecting very little, and was incredibly suprised at what I got out of it. Magnificent, all the way around. Halloween is a little cheesy, so the cheese factor does nothing but add to it, in my not-so-humble opinion.

Peter Jackson rocks my face off. Not a Halloween film, but another great one directed by Peter Jackson, Heavenly Creatures. It stars a young kate Winslet, and it's about two girl friends who become a little obsessively close and commit matricide.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:43 pm

great little film, BlackCat and geekmidwinter! And check it out again for references to Heavenly Creataures..the book is beside the bed when the girl is watchig the movie, and he shows a picture of the two on the tape, I think.
Love the way N.Z substituted for America!
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:14 pm

I watched it this morning too. Its not what I would normally think of a halloween movie but it does get you going a little.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:26 pm

I know it has nothing to do with Halloween, but for me and scary, creepy or movie with ghosts in it get me ready for Halloween. :D

MWRuger
Vampire

Post by MWRuger » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:42 pm

Very nice blend of horrific and comedic elements. The X-files irony is pretty thick but quite nice.

Besides, any film with a line like "My body is a roadmap of pain!" has something special going for it.

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:02 am

I get such a kick out of that movie! When you first start watching it, it doesn't seem like it going to be a horror movie, but when it picks up, wow! And the humor in it is great! I miss John Astin.

"Death ain't no way to make a living!"
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry