Holloween Movies

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
geekmidwinter
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by geekmidwinter » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:33 am

I watched a little gem of a movie last night on Showtime called "HP Lovecraft's Necronomicon: Book of the Dead" It was magnificent. Just the right amount of over the top special effects and gore, just the right amount of over-acting, just what I wanted out of a Halloween-prep movie. I highly suggest you check it out. I am in love with it and I require it on DVD instantly.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

vacin8r
Ghost

Post by vacin8r » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:06 am

If you want some horror titles of some stuff thats a little under the radar, I just bought and am reading fangorias "101 best horror movies you've never seen". good read and i am planning to see a least a dozen of the films in it this october.
-don

Halloween the 13th
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Halloween the 13th » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:43 pm

"Halloween" of course probably reminds me most of Halloween.

But as far as favorite overall horror movie... that would be too hard to narrow to just one. So I guess a top 5 would be in order here (actually in no particular order:

1) Friday the 13th pt. 3

My parents took me to the theater, for some strange reason, to see this in 3D. Glasses and everything. I'm 31 now, so that had to put me at 8 or 9. :shock:

2) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)

Only movie on this list that I don't own on DVD. Just as I was prepared to buy the "collector's edition" last year, I heard about the "ultimate edition", or whatever it's called, due out this month. Sure enough it was released a couple weeks ago. I'm picking it up this weekend.

3) Halloween

What more can I say?

4) Night of the Living Dead

Again, little to say. The film that basicly started horror.

5) The Shining

Narrowly edges out some others, mainly because of ol Jack. I loved his performance. It basicly made the movie what it became, since the film version was much different that King's original novel.

Honorable mentions:

The Exorcist

Halloween 2

F13th pt 1

Evil Dead

Sleepaway Camp

Nightmare on Elm Street

Poltergeist

The Fog (original)

A few modern flicks that I really enjoyed:

Saw

The Hills Have Eyes (remake)

Scream

The Ring

The Devils Rejects

Tha Blair Witch Project
The 13 days of Halloween was my idea!!! My idea I say!!!