Halloween everyday of t he year!!!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
spookyboo
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Halloween everyday of t he year!!!

Post by spookyboo » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:48 am

The smell of burning wood floats on the air while the full moon casts shadows
that seem to slide silently along behind you.
Bare branches grope in the darkness while cold fingers of fear send shivers
to dance along your spine.
Something moves within the darkness while a cold breeze whispers in your ear
Halloween

I think and dream of Halloween 365 days a year, I am a fan of the spooky Halloween instead of Buckets of Blood I prefer the creepy dark styling that perhaps at first looks like its all quite normal but upon further examination is farther out than expected. I try to instill that tight throated feeling when something isnt right and perhaps if only for a moment you believe that you could be lost to the darkness forever. The most often asked question I hear is "what was that?" I smile sweetly and reply, I 'll never tell
Anyone else out there like me?

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:16 pm

that would be cool I think.

OPTIDONN
Zombie

Post by OPTIDONN » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:44 pm

I love the country type of Halloween but not that inocent goofy stuff. Just the feel of the wind the trees, pumkins but it needs to give that feeling like theres something more going on. Sitting by a fire having warm spiced cider but to be complete that chill needs to be there! I love the creepy chilling aspect of halloween. I got out of the gore stuff when I was in high school. After the intial shock (if there even is any) it just looks goofy.

spookyboo
Haunt Master

Post by spookyboo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:41 am

OPTIDONN wrote:I love the country type of Halloween but not that inocent goofy stuff. Just the feel of the wind the trees, pumkins but it needs to give that feeling like theres something more going on. Sitting by a fire having warm spiced cider but to be complete that chill needs to be there! I love the creepy chilling aspect of halloween. I got out of the gore stuff when I was in high school. After the intial shock (if there even is any) it just looks goofy.
I agree about the gore I know for some its the bloodier the better but I think it justs gets gross. I think you can be really scary and creepy without resorting to bloodshed.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:01 am

Oh I agree! The gore is ok in small doses , but the creepiness of what could be scares me much more! I also like the country Halloween better. I go to pumpkin farms and spend time doing hayrides and listening to ghost stories around the campfire. I wish Halloween was more that one day a year...but to me it's at least a whole season!

Chat Noir
Zombie

Post by Chat Noir » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:53 pm

LOL, hey Black Cat, that's what my name means in French *waves*

I'm not embarrassed to admit I love Martha Stewart's Halloween. That Victorian-looking, vintage black furniture look, with the Gothic terrariums and all that rot. Plus she always has great recipes.

I just bought a copy of Martha Stewart Halloween, and I highly recommend it. It's a compilation of all her Halloween articles to date.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:15 pm

I'll have to check that out! I love looking at catalogs and craft ideas, it gets me in the Halloween mood. (not that it's hard to get me excited about Halloween)....

mystixmanor
Ghost

Post by mystixmanor » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:48 pm

I also need to check that out.. thanks for the recomendation.. I am not all about the gore.. I don't want them to be terrified for their lives, I want them to be afraid of what is lurking around the corner, or what they might find behind a curtain blowing in the wind.. just creepy.. give you chills kind of horror
Mystix

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:06 pm

Yeah gore is over played and stupid, it's what you can't see that is what
s scary.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:32 pm

the most gore for decoration would be a meaty zombie in your front lawn.

shanbanclear
Vampire

Post by shanbanclear » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:16 pm

I think you all have hit the nail on the head! I think that Halloween is not so much the celebration of evil and gore, it is a celebration of the autumn season. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, but not so much because of scary gross things, but the smells, and change in the atmosphere and climate. I totally like the creepy, haunted house type feeling as well. I'm not too into halloween parties that just make you feel queezy, with blood and guts and body parts as the theme.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:24 pm

Oh it's definitley the smells and the freah air! I love the smell of burning wood and all the colorful leaves. The costumes and trick-or-treating is just icing on the cake. I wish I was a kid again because I remember how much I loved the feelings I got in the Fall, actually I don't think I've changed too much!

Big_Guh
Haunt Master

Post by Big_Guh » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:40 pm

One thing I also love about Halloween is the smell of burning pumpkins combined with the smells of hay, and crisp fall air. Only 87 more days my friends.

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:19 pm

Yes my man...the smell of burning pumkins is an essential one. i also thourougly enjoy carving jack-o-lanterns and finally seeing the finished product as soon as nightfall comes. I usually carve 4-5 pumkins a year and line my porch with them. I cannot wait until the fall season comes so i can get started on decorating the house and outside. We do not have to wait much longer.

Big_Guh
Haunt Master

Post by Big_Guh » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:39 pm

Always enjoy placing jack o laterns on the fenceposts around my yard. And, youre right, seeing the finished product is always awesome.