Airblown haunted house...wow ?!?!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:03 am

Bozz and Michael Myers, I am so excited for you guys!!! No Sam's club close by here :( . I looked at them on the Gemmy site, they are great. Hope you have a lot of fun with them! :)

darkshadow
Zombie

Post by darkshadow » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:59 am

My friends have a huge halloween party near halloween, and their friend works at SAMS CLUB. Supposebly, the friend said the house was a peice of junk!

bozz

Post by bozz » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:27 am

MichaelMyers wrote:Ok-so I am on the lookout for tomorrow! I belong to Sams Club and I am going to be calling everyone in town until I find it!! LOL!! Showed it to my husband, and he was pleasantly surprised at the cost-he thought it would be like $500.00! YEAH! I will let you know the outcome! Wish me luck!
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dl ... category0=
Thanks....we'll keep ya posted......the e-bay site above has the best pics and info. on them.......and maybe M.M. will post some night pics after Sunday....I'll shoot some inside and out.....may not look as good in my garage during dry-runs but at least I can keep it a neighborhood secret until it goes out......still not sure of its exact location.....I have 2 good spots....in front our arch leading to the scarecrow maze....or at the end of the garage maze......with the arch maze some fog will run through the Gemmy......which would be extra cool....... by Oct. 1...it will find a regular spot on the lawn.......thanks again.....hope all who still wants one will have one.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:06 am

I think it looks really cool and I think kids would love it. :D

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:10 pm

checked out the haunted house, and I think it's pretty spiffy. But I can't decide if you should test it in the front to whet their appetites, or spring it on them closer to the Big Day.
And now, because it's going to be used in conjunction with your maze, a cost conscious alternative...especially with a few of the Ford plants closing this week..
Back in the dim, dark past, we were totally BROKE one year, and the kids were looking at me WONDERING what we would DO.
I told them we would set up a maze in the garage. They cheered.
The trick or treaters would see the sign telling them about the IMPOSSIBLE MAZE and would be led to the side door that opened into the garage, then blindfolded..(we busted our chops to make sure they could NOT see out of it..but most, I don't think even tried..) Even at the START a couple were worried and nervous and we explained:"Just call out PLEASE LET ME OUT if you can't find your way out..we'll come for you in five seconds or so.."
MAGICALLY nobody could make it out...
Here's what we did..
We made cardboard shields..about the size of those riot shields they have at protests..but straight, and reinforced. Then, when they would push out or walk forward with the blindfolds on, we would just get in front of them..The lights would be out in the garage until we had the blindfold on, then we would turn on the lights and go to town..
the idea, isn't mine, it's a steal right from TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES..the old Bob Barker show..hard up for an attaction and short of long green? use it in good health.
Two things of note..one, a kid just sat down in the middle and WAILED..the other one stopped, and looked VERY much like he was going to take a pee...We yelled at the little puke to wait until he found a PROPER toilet, and he just jumped!
"Of course, we're WATCHING you, dumb bell!" I said."How do you think we can get to you if you can't get out???"
Well, THAT made sense..
The kids loved it and it was one of their fave memories..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

bozz

Post by bozz » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:20 pm

Wow good story....thanks.....yeah our maze will have a few hidden stalker's to spook the older kids...with strobes,backlight's , cobwebs and etc.,.....now ater reading your post I'm thinking using the Gemmy house at the front of the garage to end the maze....my maze will be a U shape type maze....go throught scarecrow village with foggers,and tiki torches burning looks..... very creepy....of course around the dreaded shed (my spot, and I'm just a decoy) and my boy and friends will be hiding behind some scarecrows ready to spook somebody.....before they enter the garage service door....their will be a hidden ATV ...to startle a few with its horn and lights.....may even fire it up for full effect......should be a good laugh......it'll be more of fun house maze but still creepy looking.
Last edited by bozz on Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:44 pm

man THAT is thought out...very impressive
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:21 pm

Bozz-the maze sounds great! Will you have pics for us to see???

bozz

http://community.webtv.net/boswell7/doc0

Post by bozz » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:22 pm

Thanks very much ya'll....I just took 2 day pics for you to see.....doesn't look too scary in the daytime....but you have to picture tiki's burning and foggers running....in the dark the scarecrows cast shadows and looks like little tribe of pygmys...try to guess how many scarecrows in the pic.....one is almost hidden......we been working on this a few weeks.....garage decor is next...you can see the shed (and to the right under the gazebo will be the ATV hidden behind a scene setter curtain).... have a lot more to do....remote sound box as they walk in the service door...hope this works but try this link......http://community.webtv.net/boswell7/doc0 http://community.webtv.net/boswell7/doc0 >>>>P.S. I'll add a couple of night pics in about a hr. or so......thanks !!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:54 pm

Bozz, great pics, thanks! I love to see the real set-ups. And uncletor...what a FABULOUS idea for a "maze"!!! Those TOTs must have had a blast! Thanks for sharing :lol:

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:11 pm

Awwww that looks like so much fun! I wish I was thre, I would love to go through your maze.

bozz

UPDATED GARAGE PICS >>>>>>>

Post by bozz » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:12 pm

BlackCat wrote:Awwww that looks like so much fun! I wish I was thre, I would love to go through your maze.
Thanks.... wish you all could come.......wouldn't that be a party ?.....there's room for all......I could always expand the lenght if you want to jump in and hide somwhere.....lol.Did update the pics page with a 5 new starter garage pics.....may take a few minutes to load....hope ya enjoy......>>>[url]http:community.webtv.net/boswell7/doc0.......P.S. if you get real bored.......you can check out my homepage...same as above just drop off the "0" at the end.http:community.webtv.net/boswell7/doc :D

bozz

Our Sams sold out !!!!!

Post by bozz » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:50 pm

Here's an update for you all.....my wife was in our Sams Club last tues. and she said there was not even one of the inflatable H.H.,........Even the display one was gone....all sold out.....hopefully more will come in and at the same price.......I'll be putting my up this weekend and updating my web page with new pics......oh by the way we will be running a live web cam Oct. 31 on the maze.......should be crazy......thats all for now.other stuff here....>>http://community.webtv.net/boswell7/doc

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:42 pm

That stinks. Not that I even have room for one but it would be great to hold to for when we move into a new house. I want a big yard so that I can go crazy with decorating and stuff like that. I realy want one! :cry:

bozz

Post by bozz » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:41 am

Hey B.C.,....e-bay still has them but they are a little more on there......dang rainly windy weather may slow me down.....I'll inflate it in my garage if I have to......pics won't look as nice as outside would have.....we'll see.....hope to inflate it by Sat. night......if I do.....I will post pics.....I was hoping to go by Sams and take a few more measurements of their floor model to be sure it will fit in the garage......but my wife said don't bother.....they are all out......one of my neighbors saw mine and said it had to cost at least $ 400....I proudly said nope....$199....not bad.....lol.