Halloween Parties

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Dee381
Vampire

Halloween Parties

Post by Dee381 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:38 am

When do you guys usually throw your Halloween parties?
Is it best to throw them early or in late October?

I'll be throwing my first Halloween party this year but am undecided on the date. If I were able to, i'd throw one every Saturday and on Halloween day but i know it's impossible lol.
Just wanted your opinions.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:47 am

We usually have one every weekend in October. the first few we watch movies like Halloween or a classic like Frankenstien. We make food,light candles, relax and enjoy the fun. Then we have three bigger parties closer to Halloween, it's gonna be wierd this year with all moving and all, but we know we are coming back to my mom's for her annual Halloween fiesta! It's huge and a lotta fun!

Evan
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Evan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:26 pm

One of my friends usually throws a party the weekend before Halloween.

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:51 pm

We used to throw ours the weekend before Halloween also, but we found that everyone else was throwing theirs the weekend before Halloween too, and so a lot of out guests had multiple parties to go to that night and just did the "stop by" for a while. We had people coming and going at all times, so it never really felt like a good crowd at any time, just some people here, some people there-so we did it early in October-usually the second weekend...we send out invites in Sept. so people can mark in on their calendar, line up sitters, etc. Its a lot of work to do, and you want to make sure you have a good crowd....HTH :)

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:28 am

Our party for the "grown-ups" (and I use that term loosely) is always the weekend before Halloween. The party for the neighborhood is Halloween night. Every year we put invites on the doors up and down the street (we live on a cul-de-sac) and invite the families over for hotdogs, chips, punch and other assorted goodies before the kids go out TOTing, usually start between 5-6pm. We have teenagers coming now that were little bitty when we started this shindig. The kids really look forward to it, and so do we. Of course, once in a while Halloween falls on a sat, and THAT is a busy day, with both parties back-to-back!