Rate the stores and list your favorite item....

Discussion of general Halloween topics
bozz

Rate the stores and list your favorite item....

Post by bozz » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:15 pm

Ok since we are all shopping now and stores are all open....how about rating the stores 1-10 ....10 the highest.....rate....cool items....best price......scariest stuff....staff....and etc.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Walmart is tops for me with great prices....cool stuff.....and the best foggers and the only ice using ground fogger I have seen yet....give them a 9. Halloween express is # 2 with the best selection of scene setters I have ever seen......I give them a 10 for great staff and really hard to find stuff.>>>>>>H. express has some very scary stuff.....and excellent props but I'm a little dissapointed with them.....not sure why exactly.....very cool place...give them an 8 overall .....Odd lots and K-mart are tied..and give them a 7 over all.........I've been to them all and now for the coolest item I have found and you already know.....my Airblown haunted house from Sam's club (very,very cool).....with my new foggers coming in second,scene setters,remote creepy sounds,scarecrows and etc.............I'M ALREADY WAAAY OVER BUDGET....LOL.

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:38 am

My favorite store is a place in downtown Harrisonburg called "Glen's Fair Price". It is Halloween central for our area. (We don't have any of the cool BIG Halloween stores.) They rent costumes year-round, and have every possible costume and accessory, including a whole big display case of Ben Nye makeup (complete with prosthetics). The store has been open in Harrisonburg for over 50 years, and over the years they have just adapted to the bigger demand for Halloween paraphenalia. The same family owns it, mom dad and the kids and the cousins all work there, and over the years we have gotten to be pretty good friends. We rent and buy stuff from them every year. My description cannot do it justice, it is crowded, small, with every inch of shelf and wall space taken up with every imaginable Halloween goody, but you know what, Melinda (she sort of runs the place) knows exactly where everything is, and if they have it in stock. She is amazing. Each year after Halloween, we always take our pictures and show them to everyone. There are even some pictures of me and my husband in costume up on their wall behind the register. Sorry to go on so long, but I'm glad I got to mention "Glen's"! :D