pumpkins

Discussion of general Halloween topics
midnight kitty
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

pumpkins

Post by midnight kitty » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:25 am

i didn't know where elso to put this, so here i go
last yr i left a couple of the small pupkins in my backyard and forgot about them. this year i have pumpkin vines and a small pumpkin growing. it's so cool. i don' think this pumpkin's going to make it though. it already looks bruised
Last edited by midnight kitty on Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
trick or treat

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:33 am

that's soo sad...I hope it beats the odds..keep us posted, okay?
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:43 am

just checked on it. it's dead. it must have split in half last night. we had some really heavy rains. oh well. maybe another pumpkin will start growing. we just noticed this 1 a couple of days ago
trick or treat

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:09 pm

One year my mom had her Halloween party and a big ol pumpkin got left behind in her backyard. The following year we also found a vine with three tiny green pumpkins. Two died, and the survivor was about 7 inches high, and 6 inches round. He was so cute!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:17 am

I love pumpkins. I know they go along with the Thanksgiving HAlloween theme but I think a good Jack O Lantern can sum up Halloween with a smile. Anyway I mentioned in other forums that my family and i moved into our first house last summer. So this summer we put in a veggie garden. Unfortunately I was not there the day the seeds were put in as I had an emergency to deal wth so we only have one out of our 15 rows for pumpkins.... thats ok but I know next year I want ot till my own pumpkin patch and watch my babies grow. THis year in our one row of pumpkins I only have 3 that are visible They are about the size of a small cucumber so it is kind of funny but at least I produces a few pumpkins. I've named them Nola, Leroy and Simon. Cuties.

In my house I also have a bunch of pumpkin themed items all year round. About two years ago I went out and bought seven of those plush pumpkins about the size of a volly balls. They all have different expressions on their face and have them on my couchs throughout the house. They all have names too. When I think of it I name just about all my decorations when they seem to have a personallity as crazy as that might sound. Oh well my kids think its funny.....
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:29 pm

I planted pumkins and it took over my garden. man I accidently stepped in one and broke it. we will have about 2 dozen pumkins this year.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:46 pm

2 dozen!!! Wow. Thats great. I just bought my son a dvd (Spookley the Square Pumpkin) in the sales movie bin @ Superstore on my lunch break.... I will have to work that into my weekend too.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

pumpkinhead
Zombie

Post by pumpkinhead » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:19 pm

I've tried to grow pumpkins for about the last 5 years but had no luck. but this year Ive got about 10-12 pumpkins on the vine each weighing about 15lbs. I can't take any credit, my son threw his pumpkin in a big pile of hay last November and lo and behold in march I have pumpkin vines everywhere

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:50 pm

I have tried for the past several years to grow pumpkins but at my old house I had one heck of a time with what's called "Squash Vine Borers". Some people don't have any problems with these guys but man every year for three years straight I'd start to get pumpkins growing and these dang moth larvae would come attack the vines and the pumpkins would wither away.

One year I got a single pumpkin, so in four years straight all I got from my organic gardening was *1* pumpkin. Let me tell you it was the best looking pumpkin I'd ever seen (it really wasn't but I loved it). Then the next year I spread Sevin dust all over the place and had like 20. It's sad, but that seems to be the only way I could actually get pumpkins.

We moved in the beginning of June so I didn't get to put in a garden this year, but next year I am hoping I won't have as much of a problem with the squash vine borer since I am in a different part of the county.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:55 am

When we eventually get a new house I am definitley raising pumpkins! I want me a mini pumpkin farm!

Evan
Vampire

Post by Evan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:14 pm

Poor little pumpkin never had a chance.

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:34 pm

I planted 7 or 8 seeds, all but 1 grew but my brother took all the plants but 2, he gave me the seeds. They are both doing good I guess, they have a bunch of flowers but the flowers keep falling off and the little stem that the flower was on withers up and no pumpkins have been forming. The ones he has are doing great though, he says, about a month ago he said he already had at least 50 babies. I doubt they will all make it but still, hopefully he will bring over a few.

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:48 am

I can remember as a kid one year I threw out my old pumpkins into the back yard to let the birds eat at them and to decompose. Well next year came along and that spring we had vines growing out there. I think I got about 6 or 7 pumpkins if I recall correctly. Nothing too big but they ranged from medium in size to little ones. I was so suprised and happy to discover these little guys growing. I never did do anything to them and they made it somehow. Funny how that can happen sometimes huh? Maybe one day when I have a house of my own I can plant a few varieties of gourds, squash, and pumpkins. Till then I will have to settle for my foam ones and going to the store and buying them.
.:~* Even though Halloween is gone, the spirit of it still lives on *~:.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:08 am

My mom has a little pumpkin patch as I said earlier on this thread. Her's too was by accident, ya know leaving a pumpkin out there, it died but left a legacy! :D