When is it ok to start?

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:27 am

Tidytourniquet, I LOVE the avatar!! And welcome to you and Evan and Halloween Freek. Have fun! :)

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:17 am

As of this week I have put up a large portion of my fall decorations. Now I'm just waiting and gathering new stuff and old decorations for Halloween (this year's theme is Mad Scientists. I am allowed to start Oct. 1st according to my roommate. I think we've finally set our party's date for Friday Oct. 13th so I should have everything up and ready to go by then. I am hoping it turns out well. I've had great parties before and then ones where no body shows up even though they said they would so I am always nervious about investing so much time and money into parties. Oh well if nothing else I'll enjoy the halloween decor.
.:~* Even though Halloween is gone, the spirit of it still lives on *~:.

Dee381
Vampire

Post by Dee381 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:18 am

I joined this site a couple days ago and after reading this thread I ended up taking things out my storage and started decorating. lol. Now i dont feel bad that i'm the only one who can't wait.

I dont have much indoor stuff so i'm making things from what we have laying around or from the yen store (dollar store in japan).
I have a lot of outdoor stuff but I can't use them all since we're living in an apartment bldg now.

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:40 am

i don't know how much longer i can hold on! i am so anxious to get my stuff out! if only i could convince my husband to get the 10+ boxes out of the 100+ degree attic....hmmmm....it took some arm twisting (just a little) to get him to bring down my fall boxes....what am i gonna do :?

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:27 pm

Thanks MHooch :)

Halloweenqueen, just twist his arm a little more :lol:

I just got back from Walmart, I didn't go in cause we brought the dog to go pick up my niece from preschool and my mom decided to stop in. She bought 2 new things, lighted garland and some eyeball and spider window clings but tommorrow I am going back and going in myself. I can't wait :P

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:39 pm

it sounds like walmart has a lot of good stuff. i never realized in this previous years how much stuff they have! im gonna have to add it to my list of places to get to... so far the list is

Spirit
Big Lots
Marshalls
Target
Walgreens - went last night! couldn't wait anymore
all the Dollar stores around me
Halloween Express
Walmart!

WOW I hope i have enough money, I might be getting a 2nd job to support my habit...hahaha :lol:

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:45 pm

Yeah I go to:
Michaels
Target
Halloween Express
Wal-Mart
Factory Card Outlet
and little ma&pop party supply stores. You can find a lot at those!

cooleycoolgirl
Vampire

i start..

Post by cooleycoolgirl » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:21 pm

i like to start decorating om like the first day of October and also in my neiborhood the first person to decorste is the cool one on the bloke lol :)

happy halloween
Im into haunted places

Halloween Freek
Master Reaper

Post by Halloween Freek » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:57 pm

i go to

Spirit
Big Lots
Marshalls
Target
Halloween Express
Walmart
Halloween Scene
Micheals

bozz

Post by bozz » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:40 pm

Halloween Freek wrote:i go to

Spirit
Big Lots
Marshalls
Target
Halloween Express
Walmart
Halloween Scene
Micheals
Same for me.....don't forget K-mart.....I got a cool remote creepy sounds box there for only $ 9.99 .......the other stores wanted $14.99

Halloween Freek
Master Reaper

Post by Halloween Freek » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:06 am

i couldnt wait any longer so i put up my decorations yesterday, it looks amazing

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:20 pm

I was at Hobby Lobby and they got great stuff for the FAll or Halloween at a reasonable price.

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:01 pm

i went to walgreens, spirit, target, walmart and big lots this weekend. i can't wait to get my stuff up!!! when i got home with my stuff i just plopped right down on the floor in my living room and started "playing with my toys" i was like a little kid on christmas morning! my husband just laughed at me but he was playing with the stuff too! he's such a closet halloween fan! oh and im proud to announce that my son can say Halloween! he's 23 mos and his vocab it still pretty limited to ma ma, da da, no (of course), liz (my daughter) and pa pa (my father). So for him to spout out Halloween was truly amazing, in my book anyhow! Im so proud of him. He's my Boo-Baby born Oct. 28th. :D

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:21 am

I had to share this - tonight on the way home I saw a house that already had a airblown pumpkin with ghosts popping out of it in their yard as well as some other fall decorations on their porch and two plastic lighted jack-o-lanterns. I'm so happy someone else is as crazy about Halloween as I am. I wish I could put stuff up outside that people could see as they drive by however we live behind a large privacy fence back off the road so not much we could put out there really except maybe some straw bales and corn stalks. Perhaps I'll spring for that later when I find some on sale if they aren't too expensive. I've already way over blown my budget and still have to buy paper plates & cups, food, and drinks for my party.
.:~* Even though Halloween is gone, the spirit of it still lives on *~:.

autumn
Vampire

Post by autumn » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:57 am

Hi all, I am new here. I love it. Halloween is so exciting for me. I have already decorated my living room. I have garland, little pumpkins and fall stuff up. I also have 2 jack-o-lanterns, witches, orange/purple lights and a ghost. My living room looks so cool at night. I havent put up anything in the windows yet (although, I cant wait much longer). I live in an apartment, so I dont have a yard to decorate. I got out all the halloween stuff last week and found my costume from last year ( a grim reaper), I put it on for about an hour. It was fun. I was decorating dressed as a grim reaper. Gosh, I hope no neighbors saw me. lol