Waverly Hills Santarium

Review the Haunts you've visted
cooleycoolgirl
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Waverly Hills Santarium

Post by cooleycoolgirl » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:15 pm

I love going to Waverly Hills in Louisville, Ky because you can feel the spirts and you know people died there even if you have never been there and you don't know what the place is but you know it is haunted. When you walk you feel chills going down your back and you know something is there, you can here things and you can see shadows. I love haunted houses and i have been to a lot of them but over all Waverly Hills will always be the scariest place in the world to me. Over 60,000 people died there and you can feel their spirits and you can see the spirits and in a way it is sad that all those poor people died there, and it is sad because you can feel their sadness and pain as you walk thur the halls of the old Waverly Hills you really can.

cooleycoolgirl
Im into haunted places

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:55 pm

Can you tour it all year, or just at Halloween time? Do they haut it or leave it as is...I would like to see it as is...

cooleycoolgirl
Vampire

Post by cooleycoolgirl » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:14 pm

Waverly Hills you can tour all year long but they do have a haunted house they set up in October that they make but usually if you just want to tour it it is just the same as it is any other day. The best part is the take you in the old body shute. :twisted:
Im into haunted places

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:55 pm

Have you seen the Ghosthunters episode where they investigate Waverly?

Creepy!
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

cooleycoolgirl
Vampire

Post by cooleycoolgirl » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:19 pm

i havent seen the waverly episode yet is it scary? :twisted: :twisted:
Im into haunted places

Haunter
Crypt Keeper

Post by Haunter » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:28 pm

Yes, very creepy. I'm sure you would like in since you have been there already.
All alone in the woods with nothing but the smell of smoke from the camp fire, cracking leaves as you walk and seeing your breath from the cold crisp air. Halloween is my favorite time of the year!

bestcostume
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Waverly Hills Santarium

Post by bestcostume » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:44 pm

cooleycoolgirl wrote:I love going to Waverly Hills in Louisville, Ky because you can feel the spirts and you know people died there even if you have never been there and you don't know what the place is but you know it is haunted. When you walk you feel chills going down your back and you know something is there, you can here things and you can see shadows. I love haunted houses and i have been to a lot of them but over all Waverly Hills will always be the scariest place in the world to me. Over 60,000 people died there and you can feel their spirits and you can see the spirits and in a way it is sad that all those poor people died there, and it is sad because you can feel their sadness and pain as you walk thur the halls of the old Waverly Hills you really can.

cooleycoolgirl
That is one place I have always wanted to visit. I cannot imagine how Halloween is there. I bet that it is one of the creepiest places on earth, it has to be.
Halloween 2009:

Halloween costumes for everyone

Best Costume Site

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:07 pm

People dieing in an insane asylum is only a small part of what life in those snake pits was like. Deseases of the mind were and still are very hard to diagnose and treat, and many people who were committed to these institutions were often shot up with psychotropic drugs, brutalized and in some cases raped by ordelies, and subjected to all kinds of experimental treatments which include but were not limited to frontal labotomies, electro shock theorapy, emersion in freezing cold water and others.

Being sent to an insane asylum was very often paramount to being sent to a torture chamber. The only difference was the asylum had doctors. These horible experiments and acts were committed against men, women and children. Some of the worst snake pits were known for the horrors that orderlies carry out against small children, which included beatings, molestation, psychological abuse and food deprivation.

So abandoned insane asylums are fertal grounds for ghosts and apperitions.

Kentucky borders Illinois in it's far Southern border. I bet a motorcycle trip to Louisville to check out that old place would be interesting.

Mike

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:38 pm

I saw some things on this place on YouTube.
Very spooky place!
I'd love to go, Kentucky is close to where I am.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:29 pm

god i wish i could go there :) i like this forum bc i learn of all these cool places that i may plan one day to visit :) so keep the posts comin :)
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!