White lights/multicolored lights

Let's discuss ideas and tips for decorating for Christmas

White lights/multicolored lights

Postby MHooch on Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:28 am

Since I don't know how to make a poll I'll just ask...do you use white lights or multicolored lights on your tree? We switch off at our house, year to year, because my husband likes white and I like multicolored. It's kept us out of divorce court so far!
MHooch

Postby BlkAsH on Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:34 am

Humm on a tree I usually use white or all one color. On other things like houses and such I sometimes like multicolored lights. They have some that are two colors out now that are pretty cool looking.
.:~* ... 'Tis The Season To Be Jolly ... *~:.
BlkAsH

Postby mrsclaus09 on Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:38 am

i have always prefered the white lights. the color lights i though make houses look like ginger bread houses, which is festive and fun, but when i think of christmas, white lights pop into my head.
Merry Christmas!

-Mrsclaus09
mrsclaus09

Postby EvilMel on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:48 am

I grew up with a white-themed tree (my mom's idea) so I HAVE to have colored lights on my own. I end up switching off between a lot of colored mini lights and a lot of colored C7 lights on the tree though. We swap each year. I also really like bubble lights...makes me nostalgic for when I was a kid and we had them (I still have some of those that my mom gave me for my own tree since she only had white stuff).

Outside on the house, we have blue icicle lights, multi-colored minis/C7s on the bushes, green rope lights on the columns (need to get some red rope lights too some day). We had multi-colored swag lights on the house for a few years and I really loved those...very uncommon. But I made a big mistake and left them out back of my house for a year and that was the end of those. The next year my husband wanted icicle lights, but not multicolored. So we compromised and got blue ones (I always tell him that's for his part of the holiday season, since he's Jewish...but not practising obviously since we have a tree each year).
EvilMel

Postby BlkAsH on Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:55 pm

(I always tell him that's for his part of the holiday season, since he's Jewish...but not practising obviously since we have a tree each year).

[b][color=darkblue]Who says even if he was a practicing Jew (or any other belief) you can't have "x-mas trees
.:~* ... 'Tis The Season To Be Jolly ... *~:.
BlkAsH

Postby littledollclaudia on Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:11 am

I do enjoy white lights but to me they aren't really Christmassy. There is a blvd. by me that has white lights up all year so it kind of defeats the purpose of being special. Too many times, I see people with the white icicle lights and it just doesn't look like they really put any effort into it. There are some houses that do it great but give me color! Of course, I am so into the houses that have lights everywhere.
~On the 13th day of Christmas, my ghoul love gave to me...~
littledollclaudia

Postby Winnie Sanderson on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:42 pm

Definately multicolored for me!
Winnie Sanderson

Postby GreenElf on Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:11 am

Multicolored all the way... love em
GreenElf

Postby MHooch on Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:23 am

Tidytouniquet, LOVE your avatar!!
"Making Christmas, Making Christmas....."
MHooch

Postby Catzilla on Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:31 am

We like the colored lights mostly, but we do use white for certain areas. :)
Catzilla

Postby EvilMel on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:41 am

Well...another year has not changed my feelings on mutlicolored versus white. I love love love multicolored lights...always have...always will.

I'm also partial to bubble lights and the clear jewel-colored C7 bulbs.
EvilMel

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:43 pm

I prefer Multi colored lights. That blink!!!!!!

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Postby I B Freezin' Wolfman on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:02 pm

I actually use both! Colored lights go in deep on the branches, sort of like behind the scenes, then the white ones out on the "surface" of the tree. (This keeps the white light from shining through the colored bulbs,) So all I really have to do is plug in the right string of lights, and I can have colored OR white. Or BOTH. (It's a 3 ft. tree.) Nearly no wattage when you use LED lamps. Takes some extra time, but at least I get a choice, and it blows my friends away...

Friend: Hey Wolfie, wasn't there white lights on the tree before I went to the can?"

Wolfie: "Yeah?"

Friend: "Then why are there colored lights on it now?"

Wolfie: "You must be shroomin'!"

My next trick, is to decorate two trees "Differently". Then while my friend is in the can, I'll swap trees on him, and he'll think he's lost it.
45 }*-{)}

Lumps of Coal = 01
I B Freezin' Wolfman

Postby toy lady on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:35 pm

We use multi color on the tree & white on the house. But I think everyones will look Great know matter what!!!! Enjoy the Holiday!!!

Toy Lady
toy lady

Next

Return to Holiday Decoration