Holloween Movies

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
SappySwami
Zombie

Holloween Movies

Post by SappySwami » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:43 am

This is my first post. Yesterday I was reading threads here, and I got so excited, and wanted to start decorating right away! Great forum, I must say.

Well, I was going through my Netflix que to set up my movies for October, and I found what I had on there rather wanting. So I was wondering, what are some of your favorite movies for October and the Halloween holiday? I'm a Bela Lugosi fanatic (cardboard cut out of him as Dracula in my TV room all year round, actually.) So I have almost all of his movies, and most of the other Universal classics on DVD or at least Tape.

Oh, and it should be said that I don't just mean horror movies, but anything that reminds you of Halloween, or is a tradition. Me and my sisters watch a Buttons and Rusty Halloween special every October. It was a cartoon from the 80's about a bear and a fox. It's a classic for us. :)

I'd love to hear suggestions. I want to start a little earlier than usual this year, so I'll need more movies than usual! Thanks everyone.

uncletor
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by uncletor » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:40 am

welcome to this our town of Halloween, swami..check a few of the other sites and postings..everybody has been kicking in with their faves for the holiday season..don't be shy, just belly up to the bar..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:01 pm

i loved the buttons and rusty cartoon. which witch is which

for some reason , return to oz (the 1 w/ faruza (sp?) balk in it) always reminds me of halloween. maybe coz it's dark and that she was the worst witch.
trick or treat

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:29 pm

Hey Fello's
Well I have been busy lately so I haven't had enough time to post that much but for an update on the movies I have watched since last posted....
Innocent Blood, Near Dark, In the mouth of Madness, American Psycho and Event Horizen.... I especially liked American Psycho. Any thoughts?
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:30 pm

OMG Pennywise, American Psycho is one of my favorite movies ever!!!! How great was Christian Bale...and the music, love it...and I always enjoy Willem Dafoe, but the detective was made for him to play. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, most people think I'm just crazy 'cause I love that movie. :D

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:32 pm

And welcome, SappySwami...I got so excited about the American Psycho thing, I forgot my manners! :oops:

SappySwami
Zombie

Post by SappySwami » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:36 pm

Not a problem. :D

I'm a big Christian Bale fan, yet, somehow, have never seen American Psycho! That I'll add to my list shortly. And Rosie, glad to see other people remember that Buttons and Rusty special!

I'm going to have fun going through threads here and getting ideas, I can already tell.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:59 am

I totally agree with your view on American Psycho MHooch. It is a very cool movie and I haven't met anyone that really liked it. People thought it didn't make sense and that it was pointless blah blah blah but I thought it was a very intelligent movie and just the everyday things Christian Bale's character did like his morning routine and how he would talk to himself .... all normal stuff everybody does... and he's a successful business man...just twisted and derranged and ....PSYCHO....... Normal life can sometimes be the scariest situations ever!!! Very good movie and people should see it at least once...maybe twice if you didn't like it the first time... you catch different things in it every time you watch it.. at least I did.

And I am a Christian Bale fan too SappySwami. Did you see the Machinest? He did very well in that movie as well. Dark movies are always interesting.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:42 pm

i love American Psycho too! The movie is great but the book is way more twisted than the movie! If you loved the movie, I highly reccommend reading the book. its one of those "just 1 more chapter before i go to bed" books. And Christian Bale is awesome! He makes a great Pyscho!!

I am trying to find some kids Halloween movies on DVD. Disney has a few that we DVR'd last year and my daughter won't let us delete them. I can't find them on DVD so if anyone knows of or sees them anywhere, would you let me know? they are

Twitches
Halloweentown (both I and II)
Mom Has A Date With A Vampire

I also want to get my hands on the old Disney Halloween Cartoons. You remember the ones with Mickey, Donald, Houie, Louis & Dewey, Gooffy, etc. Does anyone remember these? I used to watch them all the time growing up and it seems like Disney has let go of showing actual Mickey Mouse cartoons nowadays! :? (just a little irritated)

SappySwami
Zombie

Post by SappySwami » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:23 pm

I just saw Twitches at Wal-Mart, so I know it's on DVD. Here's a link to it on Amazon.

The first two Halloween Town movies are on one DVD, this is probably at Wal Mart too, but here it is at Amazon.

But I can't find Vampire. :( Guess you'll have to leave that on DVR for a bit longer.

Evan
Vampire

Post by Evan » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:53 pm

The Evil Dead is my personal favorite.

DrN00B

Post by DrN00B » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:39 am

Scream is more new age horror, where as halloween used to stick to a more classic foramat. This has changed since H2O. Black cat if you really want to see something interesting, Watch Halloween part 6 The Curse, and then try to find the producers cut.... It's insanly a completly different movie. If you have trouble finding it on the net or at comic cons, let me know and I would be glad to set up a transfer or point you in the right derection.

While look it may also be called Halloween 666

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:48 pm

Oh I'm with Evan. I lovvvvvvvvve the Evil Dead movies those are great. I own statues and figures and all kinds of Evil Dead memorabilia. That stuff also doubles as cool Halloween decorations.

Thw original Halloween movie is great to watch as are the classic black and white films. I also like Poltergiest and The Lost Boys.

Evan
Vampire

Post by Evan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:49 pm

I forgot to add Nosferatu, A Symphony of Horror.

cooleycoolgirl
Vampire

Post by cooleycoolgirl » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:49 am

i say get all the traditional scary movies you can find for example..

Halloween Series
Friday the 13th series
Nightmare on Elm street series
Child play series
Dracula series
Exercise series
Frankinstin series

get all the series bc those to me are the only ones worth watching :twisted:
Im into haunted places