Halloween and Horror Films?

Discussion of general Halloween topics

Horror Films Discussion

YES - I would love to chat about any horror movies here!
82%
NO - I'm not interested chatting about horror films at all!
No votes
NOT SURE - But try to see how this works!
18%

Total votes: 17

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:46 pm

Well, IMO, Blair Witch had a very good advance publicity person. 'Nuff said. :roll:
Well said! :lol:
BTW, I do remember Day of the Triffids - that scared me silly as a kid. Another one that really got under my skin was Soylent Green... not strictly horror but very good.
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:11 am

Ahhh, Vincent Price. :turns on AMC to see if the Halloween classics are on yet, gives up and grabs the ORIGINAL House Of Wax and settles in:
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:06 am

Yes House on Haunted hill was great. Geoffrey Rush was a great character. Very talented person. I enjoyed the creepyness of the insane asylum and the story line. It is diffinitly one in my collection and recommend it to everyone.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:18 am

yea I liked the old vincent price moives didnt care for the house on haunted hill. I thought it was lame.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:19 am

For SOME reason, they re re re released HOUSE OF WAX in three d during the 80's...got to see it in the theatres WITH the glasses..
CURSE OF THE BLAIR WITCH..that was the name of the promo tape..available for like two bucks at flea markets everywhere...worth every penny.
Silent Hill was a grabber...but you had to PAY ATTENTION...something kids sometimes have trouble DOING..
HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL I pull out every year, and giggle while Vince plays with the strings at the end...check out HOMICIDAL..by the same director..if you have to have a PSYCHO ripp off, this is the one to have..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:26 am

so the other night i was watching sleepy hollow (johnny depp)
i forgot what a cool movie that was. it made me laugh (which is what i actually look for in a horror movie. not that this was a horror movie)
and christopher walken as the huntsman is classic
trick or treat

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:38 am

Yes I like the movie alot too Rosie...It is a dark movies (picture wise) but has a few humerous parts...the spider bit.... A great watch.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:49 am

I still enjoy watching Beetlejuice around Halloween. My little sister and my little niece enjoy that one with me. It's fun and it's good if you have kids around.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:51 am

the commerical he does with that dance always cracks me up...along with the head shrinking routine at the end...
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:35 pm

Oh yeah! It goes something like"I'll eat anything you want me to eat, I'll swallow anything you want me to swallow so com on down! Chew on a dog"! Great flick.

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:26 pm

In the Beetlejuice vein, there is Nightmare Before Christmas... I loved that one. Corpse Bride was okay but not as good as I hoped.
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:07 am

I love all things Tim Burton!