Zodiac Signs & Superstitions

Discussion of general Halloween topics

How Superstitious are you?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:33 am

Very superstitious....I turn and walk the other way if a black cat is in front of me
No votes
Somewhat superstitious...I am extra careful on Friday the 35th
21%
Don't think of superstitions much...not until I break a mirror and remember
43%
Not at all....I break all the rules (walk under latters, step on cracks etc) just to see a reaction in others
36%

Total votes: 14

Pennywise11
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Zodiac Signs & Superstitions

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:33 am

I was wondering if anybody out there checks on their horoscope regularly? What’s your sign? Do consider you sign accurate for your being?..... Also what about superstitions? Do any of you consider yourself to be superstitious or not at all?...

Myself,… well I am a Scorpio. Born Oct 30 1977. Element: Water I love to read horoscopes of different people I know and see if they seem to fall into that category? Not so much the newspaper horoscopes but a book and explore all the elements…
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:35 am

sorry I made a typo in the poll....Friday the 13th not 35th LOL
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:36 am

i'm a scorpio also . nov 13th 1978 and my sign fits me perfectly.
plus it's SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME when my b-day falls on friday the 13th
trick or treat

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:46 am

The logical part of me wants not to believe it, but I'm a Gemini, and when you read up on it, there are so many things that fit me so perfectly, it's hard not to believe in it a little. When I begin a new relationship, I always check to see if our signs are compatible, even if I never tell him about it.

You fall babies are so lucky, I always wanted a fall birthday. Mine was always during the summer, so I never got to bring cupcakes to class during school, and no one ever came to my birthday parties, because everyone was always on vacation. Boo.

My superstitions run more to the paranoid variety. Like, if I get a good parking spot, it's going to be a good day. Or if I break a nail, the whole day is shot.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:53 am

Yeah, I am somewhat superstitious but not totally obsessed about it. Actually yesterday when I was driving home from work a black cat walked right in front of my car while I was at a stop sign. I could of turned around and went another way but I kept going however just that incident made the whole superstition quesiton come to me however I do think of superstitions often but usually let it roll off my back after a few seconds and keep on going....

As for horoscopes my husband is a Sagittarius, my daughter is a Leo and my son is a Pisces...Interesting. My husbands mother (who is a very good friend of mine is a Gemini as well...the twins...(and she actually did give birth to twins, twices too...) crazyness. It is fun to do a bit of research and I do find alot of the Scorpio elements do sum me up..

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:32 am

im a pisces and when i read in my book of birthdays (yes its a huges book with every day of the year in it and tell you about yourself according to the day your bday falls on) i fit the description of me pretty damn close. as far as superstitions go, i don't really pay attention until something happens, then im like "oh <deleted>". haha

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:02 pm

Sorry for typos....man I need to be more careful... i type much faster then I can think I guess and didn't realize it before it was too late.

Ladders instead of Latter.....

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:39 am

Well I love black cats, and I've had plenty of birthdays on friday the 13th so I always found that stuff to work in my favor, not against it. For me black cats and 13 are lucky .

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:12 am

I figure it's only an accident of history that star gazing survived and not gizzard gazing. Okay, I'm SUPPOSED to be a piesces..so is Liz Taylor and Jackie Gleason..now, take your time..try and figure out ANYTHING we all share besides the fact we're white people. Okay, let's get even MORE to the point. My older twin sisters and I were all born on the same day..but three years apart...even the TWINS are totally different..and with the one older sister, you wouldn't even know we were related unless you saw the paperwork.
Some astronomer once told me the mechanics on it are TOTALLY wonky..you would get more gravitational influence from a building beside you..hence my Baby Brothers line when girls would ask him what sign he was born under. He would reply:"Lou's Pizza and Deli...I was premature and didn't make it to admitting.."
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:34 pm

I'm a pieces too, as is my boyfriend and my dad. I know we are all weird but other than that I don't really have any supersitions. Although I am a little obsessive compulsive about certain things, otherwise walking under ladders and stuff don't have an effect on my pysche.

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:49 am

I am somewhat superstitious but not horribly so. However sometimes I mess with things. Like this year I'm having our Halloween party on Friday the 13th. I just couldn't resist. Also did you know that in Europe it's white cats that are deemed bad luck and black cats good? Just the opposite of here. Here's a link to one of the many sites I've come across about this kind of thing. You guys might find it interesting. http://www.oldsuperstitions.com/
.:~* Even though Halloween is gone, the spirit of it still lives on *~:.

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:34 am

I am an Aquarius and my sign fits me perfectly!! My only issue is the fact of my birthday being in Feb. that unless I send my family and friends to Halloween websites for gift ideas, I am out of luck.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry