grave yards

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

grave yards

Post by tantraman » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:01 pm

every year I put up a grave yard in my back yard and leave it there till december. I am a little sick maybe ??

Chat Noir
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Chat Noir » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:58 pm

Yes, and that's what we love about you! :wink:

I also have Halloween stuff in my house all year. Mostly my Disney Haunted Mansion artwork, and my Dept. 56 stuff.

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:06 am

sweet that is cool

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:47 pm

Not so sick... I have about eight skulls that I keep hanging round the house. Oh, and we top off our Christmas tree with a skull instead of a star or angel.

So, no, I don't think you're sick... as for other folks off this forum, well, they probably think we're both sick! :twisted:
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:36 am

skull on a tree that is a great idea. :D
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

DeadBird
Ghost

Post by DeadBird » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:22 pm

We had a Christmas tree up all year that was covered in red lights and a red bloody skull on top of our tree and misclaenous halloween decorations...we got a lot of compliments from that, even from my in-laws...

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:22 am

wow that sounds like it would be a cool tree.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

skullychick
Vampire

Post by skullychick » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:49 am

I effin love skulls, call me weird,but I think they're beautiful symbols of 'death' the whole x-mas tree skull topping thing, totally sick, in an absolutely awsome way.
When there's no more room in Hell,thedeadwill walk the Earth.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:40 am

I keep lots of Halloween stuff up all year and just keeping adding and building until Halloween. I don't think anybody in this forum is sick, others might think so but I'm glad I found people that share my interests.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:01 am

Well after all of my Halloween decorations I move on to Christmas - but if it weren't for Christmas I would have my Halloween stuff up a lot longer. Inside stuff is different, but to keep the graveyard outside....well who care what other people think - it probably becomes a "creppy" house for the teenagers to drive by and make up stories....

halloweenlover26
Ghost

Post by halloweenlover26 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:48 pm

Hi all,
Thought I would share my halloween tips and hope to find some new ones on here.

My graveyard is made out of styrofoam insulation that I cut into tombstones. I then found some charcoal spray paint and sprayed them. Once dry I took a Sharpie and wrote epitaphs on them like "Here lies my wife, She rests in peace, Now so do I". To make sure they dont come out from wind I drill a small hole in the bottom on each side and also in the ground and insert small 1/4 inch pvc pipe to hold them in. Works great for 3 years havent lost one yet. Always looking for new ideas.
Just love to decorate for Halloween and share tips.

Troynotown
Ghost

Post by Troynotown » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:23 pm

I own a Florist in Orlando, FL. Last year we decided to make tombstones for our large window display.

I searched google images for gothic tombstones, then printed out the pictures on transparancy's. We blew them up with a cheap over head projecter and cut them out with a hot wire (Joanne Crafts)

The hot wire made intricate cuts and gave the tombstones depth.

We then covered them with gray latex paint. After the black dries, you can mist them with black spary paint.

The best effect is to spray the water house over the black spray paint before it drys. Blasting it makes small holes that look like old aged granite.

Buy some small black wooden applicas (not sure how to spell) that are shaped round or fleu de leis and highlight with silver metalic paint!

THEY TURNED OUT AWESOME!

Happy Halloween to all!

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:51 pm

Troynotown, that sounds awesome! Thanks for all the details on how to do this. I think you have given me my new crafts project for this Halloween!
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:28 pm

geez, thanks..I was TRYING to figure out something to give the stones a bit more heft staying in..1/4 pvc..perfect.. gonna try the paint thing too..good tips..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Evan
Vampire

Post by Evan » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:07 pm

My family puts a graveyard in our front yard every year.