I am so glad this forum exists!!!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
spookyboo
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

I am so glad this forum exists!!!

Post by spookyboo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:04 am

I am really glad there is a place to come and discuss my favorite topic Halloween. I have already worn out my Husband and friends who I know just humor me when in April I have Halloween ideas and try to excitedly talk about them. I have never met another person who feels the same about Halloween as I do. Whenever I do make a new friend I usually wait a bit before diving into the Halloween thing and then its casually because I have scared off people who don't feel as intensely about it as I do. It's a feeling that is hard to explain like...remember when you were a kid and everything seemed magical and you would get that excitement that would grow when the days got colder and you started seeing pumpkins and cornstalks being displayed, there was a change in the air with the smell of smoke fires and the moon would seem larger more ominous than usual. The wind would blow through the trees and the leaves would twirl to the ground. I would begin think about my cosutme in earnest and wait for the night that anything might happen, anything was possible and it was scary and thrilling and...and.....that is the feeling I keep with me all year long. I can just barely explain it with words......Does anybody understand me? Feel the same?

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:56 pm

me too I can't wait till the sales start and the halloween music begins.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:57 am

I know EXACTLY how you feel spookyboo! :P I feel the exact same way. I have that feeling all year. I get so sad when Halloween is over so I just focus on the next year... My family understands this and embrace and my boyfriend is trying to understand but he doesn't understand why i was already working on my decorations for this yeat in the basement.

I too get that magical feeling I had when I was a kid. I love the autumn weather, the color of the leaves and the smells. I love going for walks and seeing cornstalks and pumpkins and decorations, and I love going to 3 or more pumpkins farms in one day sipping hot apple cider. I can't wait until summer's over and the best season of them all rolls around again.

Chat Noir
Zombie

Post by Chat Noir » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:03 pm

I'm soooo pleased to find out it's not just me!

My poor husband has had to endure my Halloweenmania for about 5 years now, and I'm so lucky that he has finally accepted it. (Or just gave up fighting it. Either way...)

Every year I think of all the possible themes I could go with. Do I want to do Area 51? How about New Orleans Voodoo? Or maybe a Shag-inspired "Hell" theme, complete with Fez-wearing werewolves?

I love the little world I've created in my brain. Looks like I'm in good company here.

spookyboo
Haunt Master

Post by spookyboo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:11 pm

[quote="Chat Noir"]I'm soooo pleased to find out it's not just me!

My poor husband has had to endure my Halloweenmania for about 5 years now, and I'm so lucky that he has finally accepted it. (Or just gave up fighting it. Either way...)

Every year I think of all the possible themes I could go with. Do I want to do Area 51? How about New Orleans Voodoo? Or maybe a Shag-inspired "Hell" theme, complete with Fez-wearing werewolves?

I love the little world I've created in my brain. Looks like I'm in good company here.[/quote
]
Me too!!!!!!!! the world in my brain is so much more interesting than real life, but I keep trying to make my real life bend to fit it LOL

FiSoWeird
Zombie

Post by FiSoWeird » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:53 am

Yes, exactly, every single day I think about Halloween and go "OMG I cannot wait!" My dad and I usually go trick or treating (he just takes me around) and then we usually hop in the van and drive to go to a Haunted Hayride (the funnest things EVER). I just love Witches, Ghosts (cuz I can see and talk to them), Goblins, Werewolves, Vampires - anything! I love watching Halloween movies (HalloweenTown 1-3, Hocus Pocus, etc.) and I've been listening to The Monster Mash and my brother goes "Why did you download this?" and I was like "Cuz I'm hyped about Halloween" Lol, and I just love the month of October cuz of all the cool things. BTW, I'm 14 so I'm still considered a kid Lol.
Just give me something to get rid of him... - Alexz Johnson, Skin, Instant Star VOL. 1

shanbanclear
Vampire

Post by shanbanclear » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:08 pm

I always looked forward to Halloween, but I think that it is mostly because of Autumn. Fall is my favorite season and because Halloween is really the only Holiday that occurs while the leaves are still on the trees, I think that is why I am attached to it. Watching Halloween movies and seeing pumpkins and other decorations appear let me know that my favorite time of year is approaching. We usually decorate our front yard, but I think instead of spending money and effort on something that people passing by only enjoy, we are going to decorate the inside of our house for us to sit in and enjoy. We have already bought a bunch of props and decorations to make our house feel like the haunted mansion. We are going to throw our first halloween party at our place this year and we can't wait. We are going to decorate early in October so that we can have that feeling all month long!

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:11 pm

That's great! I always decorate both inside and outside. I find real inexpensive things for the outside that are fun and can be used over and over. I ususally do the inside in early October as well. I love watching my Halloween movies in the warm candle light, which sets a really creepy yet comfy mood. Does that make any sense? :)

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:54 pm

i am already decortaing.

shanbanclear
Vampire

Post by shanbanclear » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:40 pm

I haven't started decorating yet, but I have just started to receive a bunch of the things that I've ordered for my party in the mail! It's hard to not set it all up already, but I have to be patient.

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:24 pm

yea I always start with one room and go from there.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:29 pm

I like to decorate my entire house including my bathroom, bedroom and spare rooms. I have som much fun adding a little touch of Halloween to everything I own. :)

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:47 am

that is sweet I like to get new things everyday and see how i can make it cooler.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:16 am

I know this post is late, but I just had to say YES!!! I understand exactly how you guys feel about Halloween, and I, too, am glad to have some folks to talk about it with. I know I bore my family and friends silly with this stuff. Spookyboo, I know exactly how you feel, it IS hard to put it into words, isn't it? I just get so excited about all of it...the crisp fall weather, the changing leaves, the pumpkins, the decorating, the costumes and makeup...just the whole package. My friends think I'm nuts 'cause I drive around in an orange and black VW Beetle convertible, the license plate says OCT 31, and it has a bumper sticker that says: "witches parking only, all others will be toad". And right now, I'm trying to figure out how to get my witch hat to stay on my head so that I can ride around at Halloween with the top down, my cape flying out behind me in the breeze...it's the next best thing to a broomstick!!!! :D

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:21 pm

you forgot to mention the tingles down your spine when the cool breeze hits you. 8)

i love halloween. i only ever had 1 friend who shared my mania. then she moved away. the family doesn't get it, not even the husband.
thank god for this forum
trick or treat