What do you think

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
crow11ad
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

What do you think

Post by crow11ad » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:02 pm

I know some of you are strictly Lemax or other type of villages. But has anyone ever mixed up collections?
Happy Halloween from Halloween Town

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:41 am

I have. I found some of those off-brands that are at Big Lots, Target, and Walmart are fun to mix together. The only issue is the size of the people. Sometimes they are the wrong height but I fix that by changing the distance they stand by the houses. It looks pretty great when done right.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:37 pm

I just cancelled my subscription for the Munster Village - I have about 8 pieces plus accessories. I was disappointed in the poor quality of the accessories so plan to buy bits and pieces from other collections. Even the dollar stores can sometimes have decent items to add. I think mixing it up is a great idea.
Don't drink and fly...

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:07 am

I happen to like the quality of Lemax because it is good for your money and extra spooky. Dept. 56 is just to out of my budget but in the future I may add a few of those pieces.

For now I buy the houses and animated features from lemax and stop off at Walgreens and buy the 2 for $1.00 people/kids/tombstones etc. You hardly notice that they don't match and the small pieces are more likely to get broken so if a kid accidently knocks it off who cares it was only 50 cents.

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:36 pm

Does anyone get the LTD Commodities book- (also called ABC as well?_ They have an entire Spooky Village that looks nice -can't remember the price. Hallmark also has the Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown Set also...very cute but pricey.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:23 pm

I dont care what kind of villiage sthey are. Ifthey catch my eye I say go for it! If you love Halloween then you'll make it work.