Nativity Scene

Let's discuss ideas and tips for decorating for Christmas

Nativity Scene

Postby Christmas Knight on Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:57 am

Does anyone put up a Nativity scene in doors a Christmas. I haven't done so traditionally, but my grandparents used to do it every year. I still have the set and this Year I'm thinking about pulling it out of the old steamer trunk in the basement and put it up. It is really old and quite nice. Most of the figurines were made in Germany and Italy during the early part of the 20th century. If I do, I will be sure to post some pics. Should bring back a lot of fond memories for me. :D
Christmas Knight

Postby merrychristmas on Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:16 am

I have two that I put out. I have a Dept. 56 with lights that I have in my diningroom and a beautiful Royal Doulton one on my fireplace in the livingroom. Both are a pretty good size and both are up now. I think your soooooooo lucky to have your grandparent's though. If I were you I would find somewhere to display it for everyone to see. I can hardly wait to see the pictures :lol:
merrychristmas

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:19 pm

I do now!! I was so happy last year when my Dad sent me my Mother's nativity. I lost her when I was 7 so this was a really big deal to me. I love Nativity scenes and every year I intend to start a collection but finances have not allowed me to so far. Someday. For now I'm just elated to have my mother's nativity.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Postby Jack Frost on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:07 pm

We always have a Nativity under the tree.
Jack Frost

Postby toy lady on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:30 pm

We alway do too!!! Toy Lady
toy lady

Postby Snowflake on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:31 pm

We always have one up somewhere in our family room kinda by the tree, they're so pretty :)
It's the most wonderful time of the year
Snowflake

Postby I B Freezin' Wolfman on Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:06 pm

I can't imagine NOT putting out a Nativity for Christmas. I put one out last year on the breakfast bar, for the christmas party, and a lot of people had great comments about it. Things like "You don't see that as often as you used to, Nice idea!" and "I love that you put that out. It reminds us what Christmas is all about."

So I plan to put it in the same place this year. Probably after I get the rest of the decorations up. Since it is made from plaster figures, I'd hate to wipe-out the scene by inadvertantly dragging garland or a string of lights through it.

I just have to find a manger for it. I might build my own, IF I can find the materials for it. I'm handy that way.
45 }*-{)}

Lumps of Coal = 01
I B Freezin' Wolfman

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:20 pm

I put mine up the other night right on top of the tv and it looks durn nice up there too.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Nativity

Postby Santa Baby on Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:53 am

We have a very little small one we put out but I wish I had a larger one....
I've been an awful good girl,

Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight.
Santa Baby

Return to Holiday Decoration