electric carvey thing

Do you have a special way to carve a pumpkin?
geekmidwinter
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

electric carvey thing

Post by geekmidwinter » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:56 pm

Has anyone used the little electric carving tool from pumpkin masters? It saws back and forth on it's own, instead of having to use the little saw tools. I wonder if it's any easier. With my luck I'd carve my fingers off.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:31 pm

Hi geekmidwinter, I saw one of those at Michaels craft store the other day, and really need to go back and get it. I'll let you know how it works out.

pumpkinhead232
Ghost

Post by pumpkinhead232 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:46 pm

hello there , i'm a professional pumpkin carver from chicago i create many carved pumpkins and used different items that o tcompanies send me try there item pumpkin masters carving tool is a ool i try all the thing on actually cutting my hand with it which from carving with it i have cut my hand bulky item button is on the wrong side hard to turn. tools that i enjoy using is eletric pumpkin carving tool from emerald innovations they also have battery changable blades . holiday arts also make a carving tool that has many different tools

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:12 pm

Okay Steve, those are some darn cool pumpkins!!
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

pumpkinhead232
Ghost

Post by pumpkinhead232 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:55 pm

thank you , been carving for many years to get were i'm at now

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:15 pm

Ok so I tried it this weekend.

I have to say I thought it totally rocked. It made carving my pumpkin WAAAY faster. But I would say it's definitely better on ones with longer lines rather than intricate parts.

For example, I carved an evil smile on a pumpkin this weekend. It worked great for the curvy lines of the of the bottom part of the smile, but I just had to be a bit more careful when I carved sharp bits (similar to sharp teeth). Also, you have to be careful to push it down most the way into the pumpkin otherwise it's easy to not carve all the way through.

One other drawback for me was that I enjoy watching movies with my husband while I carve pumpkins and this tool is a bit loud. I mean it's not deafening at all, but it's loud enough that my husband went upstairs to watch TV. So like I said...a bit of a drawback, but I guess any electric tool you'd use on pumpkins would make noise.

I am definitely a huge fan of this little tool though.