Sooo Happy

Discussion of general Halloween topics
spookyboo
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Sooo Happy

Post by spookyboo » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:04 pm

I just came back from shopping and bought myself some Halloween Items I am So...Happy!!!!
Then the icing on the cake is that I had a package waiting when I got home and it was a pair of frosted glass raven candlesticks I had ordered .........(doing a little happy halloween dance). Ok if available I will purchase Halloween year round but there is something about starting the main purchasing that gets me all excited ...anybody else make a cool Halloween purchase they just have to share?

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:12 am

that is hot I cant wait till sales come out.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

shanbanclear
Vampire

Post by shanbanclear » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:26 pm

I've already made a bunch of purchases online. I started back in early July. We are going to be having a murder mystery party this year and we are going all out. We have bought a ton of decorations and effects and we will be having a great dinner as well. I have to admit tho, I went to Big Lots the other day and Roberts Crafts and they already have their Halloween sections up and running. I plan on going there to get some more supplies this weekend. I agree, something about store purchasing makes you excited. I think it has something to do with knowing that you aren't the only one who is revving up for the holiday!

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:59 pm

yeah, I picked up a solar garden light as soon as they came out, I plan to wrap the thing in foil and create two red eyes..then put it in a baby buggy..in spring, I rescued a huge piece of foam I'm gonna make a gravestone out of..I like to try and use and reuse stuff that otherwise might be tossed out..I feel I'm giving it one more purpose before the dump..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:23 pm

I also can find "junk" and make cool Halloween stuff out of it. I mad a little coffin out of some wood that someone was throwing out, and my friend found this creep old wooden chaor in someone's garbage that she turned into an "electric chair" for her Halloween display in her yard.

I do like finding stuff in stores too. Now days Halloween is more popular than ever so you can find pretty much anything you want.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:58 am

This is SOOOO cool.
Kids, your Uncle Tor has finally scored a really big deal.
See, I work with this nice nurse, who is gonna get married.Both nice kids.. he works in a drug store. Well, last year, they had these brown, 7 FOOT SKELTONS that hung from the inside of the drugstroes' ceiling. Look more realistic then the white blown ones you get form 12 bucks everywhere..and for SOME reason, they did NOT sell, and he wound up with a few..
Well, she wants them GONE before they move in together, and GAVE me one..
Now, usually with the white blown plastic ones, I dress them up. Cut off the big bulge at the front that is NOT anatomically correct. Add skin and rotting flesh. Eyeballs (green) paint everything JUST so...with this year, Number One son thought we should have ONE eye, the other with snakes and/or worms coming out, and a few bullet holes..(THAT part I figured out..you take one of those dime store jelly fish toys they have..and cut away the bottom and top and leave that ring in the middle, and THAT becomes an easy-to-glue bulllet hole you can just put on top of your fake flesh/skin..(actually paper towel, dipped in paper mache goop, covered with varnish to help it be MORE water proof..)
Well, kids, I think I will have to give her a home made frozen vegetarian pizza for that one..doing my James Brown "I feel good" halloween foot work dance right now..
Hea!!!

Shad O. Deville
Zombie

Post by Shad O. Deville » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:56 pm

wow. uncletor, im not sure whether to call you twisted (except that that sounds like the kind of thing i would do so that makes me twisted too, so thats out), an artist, or an overachiever. personally i havent bought anything yet but i HAVE been designing costumes in my head ever since...hmm...*thinks really hard* well, a long time ago.
Shad O. Deville, Shad O. Deville, if she doesn't scare you (with her endless raving) no evil thing will... *roars*

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:46 am

I pretty much start planning the next year's Halloween the day after the current Halloween..it's getting back to that Mardi Gras state of mind I have about the whole deal...you take it all down at midnight, then have a hot shower, and it is OVER...
NOTHING used to depress me MORE then seeing halloween decorations the next morning as you went to work, the streamers tattered, the pumpkins smashed..the ghosts and tombstones kicked in..so THIS way, it stays fresh, because it is INSIDE at about 12:25..
The ex wife also used to like to have it down as fast as possible when we were still married to get ready for Christmas..so it was turning another negative into something positive..
My stunts like the microwave oven have earned me a bit of a rep at work, and folks like to hear the stories..which is how we got to me getting the skeleton in the first place..first we talked about new movies..then about how a really good scary movie that wasn't over the top is getting rarer, then reccomendations for Hitchcock she had never seen, then the hallowween stories, how I made the skeletons, and eventually her GIVING me one..
but it's also wanting to do a good job..yesterday, I was in a store and they had the brown carboard box coffins that were as scary as a UPS shipping carton, so THEN you start thinking:'Okay, cardboard is GOOD, but can we make it THICKER, better?? And you start to THINK...next thing you know, you have a three ply coffin in the front yard, yarnished and with a plastic liner, with some dry ice coming out from underneath around the edges, made segmented for easy storage...
it just happens, I guess.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:32 am

So I took in the veggie pizza to thank the lady who gave me the seven foot skeleton, and showed her my shrunken heads...two are finished now..
Yesterday, i picked up my son, but before I did, I propped the skeleton on the toilet. Then I picked him up, brought him back, and waited.
he watched maybe 30 mintues of a movie with me. Made some iced tea. Then switched to video game. I laid down on the couch..I had given blood that day..it would be easy to just lay there and WAIT..
Finally the tea and the cool afternoon did their thing, and he headed down the hall, just beside my couch.
Goes into the bathroom, I turn to see it. He totally FREEZES. Face turns white, jaws just drops, and his eyes..his eyes popped out like Roger Rabbit, but didn't go BACK..then he said something like "Ohmygodd" and then heard my soft cackle and said:"...you..."
I was already doing the James Brown footwork.
Nailed me another one..
That one was for the books, folks..
I plan to wrap plastic sheets and bags around the legs to create flesh, and also avoid damaging the lovely brown finish..then do my skin stuff over top..will actually mold what is coming out of the eye ball and be able to pop it in and out...

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:18 pm

Well Uncletor, I think we have a similar sense of humor. I have learned to hold back a bit when it comes to scaring people especially my daughter. ITs funny though becuase we are a family who have grown together as a bunch of mini scarers... For example, wait to jump out in front of someone when they come out of a doorway. Another one is if it is late at night and my husband goes to the washroom, when I hear him in there washing his hands I sneak right up in front of the door so close my nose touches the door. Anyway he isn't expecting anything and when he opens the door I am standing right there with my eyes open wide and I don't say a word. He is a big tall man and anyway it is hilarious to see a man of his size get startled..... I laugh my butt off. I do a similar thing when I sneak up on say a friend who is just sitting in their car and put my face right up to they drivers side window when they are looking the other way it scares the shiz out of them when they turn and look. hahahahah I am laughing right now thinking about it. Do you find when you or anybody scares people even if it is in good fun they get upset?
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:16 am

Damn Uncletor, I wish you lived by me. My fiancee and I are always looking for more ideas to scare the hell out of people and get the blood flowing through someone's veins quick. I am going to try your prank this year and I'll let you know how it goes.

I am sorry the ex made you take the decor down right after. My first husband was like that too. He "tolerated" it for me but sheesh he complained every day until I took it down. Thankfully I now have someone as quirky as me who loves it. I hope you find a ghoul to share that with. When you do, look out. You're in for a grand adventure!!
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:12 am

Yes, Pennywise, people DO tend to get 'agitated' when you scare them. Which is why when I do the micowave schtick I ASK them first..and then only to big, dopey teenagers..by the way, sports fans, make SURE the microwave ITSELF is disconnected before doing this..you DON'T want someone turning it on by accident/vengence. Just leave the light working.
Meanwhile, our newest lawn display is coming right along. I've turned skeletons into rotting corpses before, THIS year the challenge is to make the changes that will NOT harm the skeleton or change it permanently. That 7 foot skeleton is going to be covered with rotting flesh. Just finished the inside layer of thin plastic foam and masking tape..lots of bones stick out all over...took a mold of the right eye and made a plug that can be inserted in the eye socket. It's full of snakes and bugs and little bitty worms and this grey GUNK that looks SORT OF like oatmeal. The other eye is gonna hang down to about cheekbone level..with a snake going from the one eye to the other..

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:58 am

nice just don't use real meat on the skeletons lol.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:57 pm

no, no..all plastic..when children throw up on the lawn, people get into a law suit sort of mood..

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:29 am

uncletor, you are awesome! :lol: