The Legend of Holly Claus

Books, poems, stories and other tales!
Holly Cl'Oz
What is the highest number?: 3452

Postby Holly Cl'Oz » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:35 pm

I do really like to read and I find Christmas stories to be really fun. I think my favorite so far is The Legend of Holly Claus. While Christmas shopping a couple of years ago I think, I saw this book as I was walking through Barnes and Noble. The cover really grabbed me. You can see some of the cover in my avatar. So I've wanted for awhile and finally got a copy last year. Read it, fell in love with it, read it to my other half and he just fell in love with it. It's a really darling story, but there's a couple of incidents that might be disturbing to really young ones so parents will want to give it a read themselves first or I can give details if anyone wants. And last night while looking for a pic of the cover for my avatar we found out there's another Holly Claus book and I was literally squealing. It's not quite as rich as the Harry Potter series but it's very charming and magical unto itself and the illustrations are really gorgeous, I just wish they were in color.

Update: Well, I'm bummed. The new Holly Claus book is basically a picture book of the original not a sequel. :( But at least I have color pics now so I'll probably have to get it anyway. And the website is purty!!

Return to “Christmas Literature”