Halloween Villages

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
tabbathehutt
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by tabbathehutt » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:16 pm

I agree with you completely. That's also why I prefer the Lemax village.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:21 am

You guys, I'm so excited, my husband bought me a new large piece and a new small piece for my SpookyTown for my birthday! When we get it all set up I'll see if I can't overcome my computer illiteracy and get some pictures on here.

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:01 am

I found out the easiest way to put pix on a message board is to set up a Photobucket account and use trial and error to see what method will let you post. It's a lot of fun because once you figure it out, you can put them anywhere!!
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:39 am

Thanks, LittleDollClaudia!! :wink:

crow11ad
Ghost

Post by crow11ad » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:55 pm

This site is so cool. After about 2 years of "I wish I could start a spooky town village" from visiting many trips to Garden Ridge, I have finally started it. My wife may ban me from Garden Ridge yet. LOL. I had to go tonigt and get some small pieces. The only lights my vilalge has thus far is the lights from the tree of the animated pumpkin balloon and the moon. I have the Grim Reaper hay ride, the costume party scene piece, the wagon with the skeleton and pumpkins. I had to get the vulture, the dead couple on the bench, the moon, and the grim reaper hay ride yesterday. I looked at it last night with the lights off and thought, "there is not enough light." So, today I ran up to Garden Ridge and got the gargoyle lamp posts and the flood lights. The flood lights add that spooky effect and make the letters of the pieces really come to life. Ohhhhh I can't wait to get one of the big buildings.
Happy Halloween from Halloween Town

Athenagwis
Crypt Keeper

Post by Athenagwis » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:20 pm

crow11ad wrote:This site is so cool. .... So, today I ran up to Garden Ridge and got the gargoyle lamp posts and the flood lights. The flood lights add that spooky effect and make the letters of the pieces really come to life. Ohhhhh I can't wait to get one of the big buildings.
Congrats on your first pieces!! Be very careful it cna become very addicting. But it is so much fun to display, I was never one to play with Barbies, so I thought I would hate these villages, but after I ouht my first pieces I was a kid in a candy store! Keep us updated on your collection!

Rachel

crow11ad
Ghost

Post by crow11ad » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:49 pm

Athenagwis wrote:
crow11ad wrote:This site is so cool. .... So, today I ran up to Garden Ridge and got the gargoyle lamp posts and the flood lights. The flood lights add that spooky effect and make the letters of the pieces really come to life. Ohhhhh I can't wait to get one of the big buildings.
Congrats on your first pieces!! Be very careful it cna become very addicting. But it is so much fun to display, I was never one to play with Barbies, so I thought I would hate these villages, but after I ouht my first pieces I was a kid in a candy store! Keep us updated on your collection!

Rachel

Thank you so much. I plan to take some pics and maybe I can get some ideas from you guys.
Happy Halloween from Halloween Town

jpressley
Ghost

Post by jpressley » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:28 pm

I am looking to sell my entire Dept. 56 Halloween village as a whole. You can view the village in the link below or contact me @ jpressley34@aol.com.
I live in the Charlotte NC area.
http://www.photoshow.net/village

jpressley
Ghost

Dept. 56 Halloween village for sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by jpressley » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:33 pm

I am looking to sell my entire Dept. 56 Halloween village as a whole. You can view the village in the link below or contact me @ jpressley34@aol.com.
I live in the Charlotte NC area.
http://www.photoshow.net/village

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:21 pm

Hey Jpressley

Have you thought about eBay? I know the Dept. 56 village goes for a TON on there. I have been watching.

ImAWalkingCorpse
Crypt Keeper

Post by ImAWalkingCorpse » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:20 am

Look at all that stuff.... I like all of it, just dont think i would have the room for it.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:58 am

I dont really have the "room" for my village either. But you would be surprised how you MAKE the room each year!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:25 pm

Ain't THAT the truth! :shock:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:34 pm

Hi, I am just starting my very first Spookyville town. Where I live, there is little in the way of Halloween stores, but we have an oldtime gift shop that carries a huge assortment of just about everything. Well I just purchased my first lot of Department 56 Halloween pieces, I'm so excited! I got them for 30% to 50% off so this helped a lot. I'm really looking forward to getting things put up . I've spent a lot of time on the internet looking at all the wonderful display pictures people have submitted and it really got my juices flowing :D I really like the pieces I bought, but I do find that I like Lemax Spooky town pieces much more. For those I will purchase over ebay, or will have to wait until the Michaels closest to me set up for Halloween, but I'm afriad by the time they do the season will be apon us and they will be more expensive. I don't know of any stores that would carry Lemax off season anywhere near where I live.
I really look forward to see any pictures others have of their collections for inspiration, what I have seen has been awesome!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:16 am

Dutchess, did you look at the thread: Hooch's Spooky Village Pics? (I think that is the name :? ) That's the biggest it's ever been!