When is it ok to start?

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Pennywise11
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:17 am

Welcome Rachel/Athenawis, I too keep some of my Halloween stuff up all year round. I think I would really go crazy if I didn't. I hear alot of people talking about how they have a Halloween village/town model section in their home... I'm am going to have to get ahold of some of that stuff myself.

This weekend I have accomplished putting up half of my decorations but by this weekend I am letting go and putting it all out. Exciting!!!!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

bozz

Yard maze is almost done

Post by bozz » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:23 am

Can't wait to start on the front yard....my side of the house with scarecrows and stuff is done for our maze....I now have an entrance arch....tested the foggers....tiki torches are up.....ready to do the garage next for part 2 of the walkthrough.....but really etching to do the front.......folks in the neighbor tease me a little with the fog testing...I've been working on this for a few weeks now.....too fun !

tabbathehutt
Zombie

Post by tabbathehutt » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:52 pm

Bozz: sounds like fun!

I told myself I would wait until after my birthday (September 25) to decorate. However, I have a lot of new Halloween stuff and I don't know if I am going to be able to wait that long. :)

My problem with decorating too early and leaving stuff up year long is that the things tend to become much less special as I get used to them. I always have one or two decorations that I can't stand to take down after Halloween, but after a little while they stop making me smile when I look at them and I start taking them for granted. So it's sort of a balancing act I guess...

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:03 pm

OK...first off let me say THANK YOU for starting this topic! My husband thinks Im NUTS for putting my things up Oct. 1st! I can't wait for him to get home to read that Im not alone and that there are even people who begin earlier than me! Maybe he won't think Im so crazy afterall, ha fat chance! Anyhow, I, like many of the folks on here, put my fall stuff up in early September and then the last weekend of September/first weekend of October my Halloween stuff goes up. I don't have a ton of stuff yet (im a new collector) but it does take me all weekend to put what I do have up. I hope that one day, Ill have so much stuff, it will take me weeks to put it all out! That would completely rock! I say, put it up when you want to...its almost unbearable for me not to have my stuff up now!!! But I've promised my husband we'd wait (he has to do the lights on the house so I give him a little say in when they go up :) )

crow11ad
Ghost

Post by crow11ad » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:14 pm

Well I have decided to put the Halloween stuff out now. Why not? I am finally starting my Lemax spooky town collection. After that come Nov1, I am thinking about the Harvest collection for Nov1 - to the end of Nov. Come Dec. 1st, the Lemax Christmas. My wife is going to band me from Garden Ridge. LOL. I know we don't have a lot of money, but right now they are having a 25% off sale...Can't resist.
Happy Halloween from Halloween Town

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:19 pm

Welcome, Crow11ad...I, too, have a bit of trouble passing by the Lemax collections...maybe your wife could talk to my husband! :oops:

crow11ad
Ghost

Post by crow11ad » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:00 pm

MHooch wrote:Welcome, Crow11ad...I, too, have a bit of trouble passing by the Lemax collections...maybe your wife could talk to my husband! :oops:

Thank you so much. Well if she did that...then that would be 2 against 2 on getting the village. LOL.

Athenagwis
Crypt Keeper

Post by Athenagwis » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:18 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome guys! My husband suggested last night that we leave the Lemax Spooky Town up all year and just decorate it for the seasons, so when Christmas comes around we could add some trees and presents and maybe a Santa Claus, and then when Easter comes we can have them doing an easter egg hunt and have some bunnies and rabbits around and so on thorugh out the year! LOL I had to give him credit for creativity ..... hmmmm ..... not such a bad idea though!! (I am bad)

Rachel

crow11ad
Ghost

Re: ....

Post by crow11ad » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:51 pm

Athenagwis wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome guys! My husband suggested last night that we leave the Lemax Spooky Town up all year and just decorate it for the seasons, so when Christmas comes around we could add some trees and presents and maybe a Santa Claus, and then when Easter comes we can have them doing an easter egg hunt and have some bunnies and rabbits around and so on thorugh out the year! LOL I had to give him credit for creativity ..... hmmmm ..... not such a bad idea though!! (I am bad)

Rachel
I would love to do that...but I think the killer cat of Spooky Town would take over. I guess we could eat on the floor since the village has taken over the table. LOL

Athenagwis
Crypt Keeper

Re: ....

Post by Athenagwis » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:37 am

crow11ad wrote:
Athenagwis wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome guys! My husband suggested last night that we leave the Lemax Spooky Town up all year and just decorate it for the seasons, so when Christmas comes around we could add some trees and presents and maybe a Santa Claus, and then when Easter comes we can have them doing an easter egg hunt and have some bunnies and rabbits around and so on thorugh out the year! LOL I had to give him credit for creativity ..... hmmmm ..... not such a bad idea though!! (I am bad)

Rachel
I would love to do that...but I think the killer cat of Spooky Town would take over. I guess we could eat on the floor since the village has taken over the table. LOL
The funny thing is, we have both those problems too, keeping our cat off the village and the fact that our village is now displayed on our dining room table. (It wasn't last year, but I don't know what happened :)) But we love it so much that we are willing to sacrafice and eat in front of the TV. :) In fact I had a dream last night that my table had gotten all scratched up because of the village and I was rather upset! Hopefully that won't really happen since I have fabric covering the table. :) :) :)

Rachel

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:46 pm

I'm so glad I found this site. I was going to wait until October 1 to put up my decorations but after reading that some of you put them up at the begining of Sept I just had to go find some and start putting them up now.

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:53 pm

Tidytourniquet, I love your avatar!!! Welcome to the Halloween party. I'm discreetly placing decorations here and there as I clean house. So far no one seems to have noticed. :D
Don't drink and fly...

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:23 pm

I only put up a few of my favorite pieces. Every year I like to get a couple new decorations so I don't want to put up too much until I get them, just incase I like them better where I already have stuff.

Halloween Freek
Master Reaper

Post by Halloween Freek » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:28 pm

ive just saw the first decoreated house today, i think ill do it on Oct.1

Evan
Vampire

Post by Evan » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:23 pm

It's tradition in my family to start decorating October 1st.