Its....nearly here!!!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Pennywise11
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Pennywise11 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:11 pm

Well for the past few parties i have hosted I usually just have small treat bags... They have a bit of candy it in (for both adult and children's parties) as to represent the trick or treating aspect and and little fake spiders etc... however as for prizes for games I have small Halloween decorations or nic nacs...
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:27 pm

Oh I thought I would mention that I just finished putting a few decorations around my house. I have my kitchen witch with me, a jack o lantern candle in my dining room and a jack o latern wall hanging in my front room.... I didn't want to get too Halloweeny yet (actually I do) but I will have to work it in slowly.....

As for this long weekend here in Canada, I am enjoying getting ready for fall. I did abunch of cleaning and packing away my summer items, I did a bunch of garden harvesting and made pickles, salsa and more pickles with my veggies.... yeah kind of dinky but it makes me feel like fall is just around the corner. My family and I had a campfire last night and it was great. It was a cool night and we needed our jackets, the stars were out and the smoke from the fire was almost drawing pictures in the sky. Just thought I would share a bit of Nova Scotians weather and feelings......

Happy Haunting
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:04 pm

Pennywise 11...that sounds great. I can't wait for the cool weather to really arrive here in VA. Sometimes it takes til October to really notice a difference.

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:52 pm

Hi everyone! I am new here and feel like I have found a new family! I was just searching online for new halloween decorations, and I wondered what would come up if I typed Halloween.com, and here I am! What a GREAT SITE! I love reading everyones ideas , and glad to know that I am not the only one that thinks of Halloween 365 days a year!And I am so excited that its turning fall! BTW-I am female despite my handle-HALLOWEEN is my favorite movie, Michael my favorite character. In fact, my favorite decoration is a full sized coffin with a life-size Micheal Myers stepping out of it with a hatchet in one arm and a severed head in the other.-we set it out in our grave yard. My husband brought me home a fog machine today! I can't wait to have it up and running -Happy Halloween Everybody!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:46 pm

Well Welcome MichaelMyers. I felt the same way when I stumbled across this website. Its like meeting up with people from a long lost family or something. I haven't been hear long but now that I know this website is hear....it gives me a bit of a break when I am having a long day at work....hahaha

Your life size Michael Myers decorations sounds wicked.... It must really impress during Halloween time.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:21 pm

Hi Micheal Myers...I agree with Pennywise11, it Is like a long lost family. It's great to know for sure that I am not the only crazy person who loves Halloween and plans and plots 365 days a year! It is a great website, you'll have lots of fun and get great ideas from everyone...I've learned a ;ot since I've been visiting. Happy Haunting! :D

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:38 pm

Thanks for all the warm welcomes :) I will have to post a pic of the coffin with the story on how I ended up with it. Nope-I didnt steal if from a grave yard-its interesting, but not THAT interesting lol!! This is a great site-finally people who understand my addiction. We have so much Halloween decor we had to rent a storage unit to keep it all in! (we dont have a basement, and we store other things in it to-but the Halloween decor prompted the rental) The sad part is we only have two -three kids come to the house b/c we dont live in a neigborhood, but we still love to decorate!!

darkshadow
Zombie

Post by darkshadow » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:30 am

Here around where I live in michigan, all the stores have their stuff out. But we have a fall-only store called Halloween USA and I'm waiting for that!

The leaves are starting to fall, and the air is crisp...It's really close!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:16 pm

Oh, to live close to a Halloween themed store! I am so jealous... :cry:

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:12 am

Halloween, yay!! It's coming...where's my skull blanket? Oh that's right, already on my bed. (Christmas present, my family knows me LOL)
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:34 am

Greetings All,
Well back to work today after a very fallish weekend. I almost had to light the fire this weekend because of the chill and there was a bit of frost this morning!!! Also the leaves around my house have a few red colors filtered trough it and looks fantastic. Last night when I had my dog out for a walk and I could see my breath in the light of the towering lamp post. I have about half of my Halloween stuff out and come this weekend its full force cause i just can't wait any longer!!!

bozz

Half done n decor.....

Post by bozz » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:28 am

Yeah can't wait to do front and garage......been ready.....its taken me a few weeks to plan my maze out......have all the stuff...side yard is ready and looking good.......fun,fun.

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:04 pm

I just joined this Halloween party and I'm relieved there are so many like minded people out there! It'll be great talking to people who don't roll their eyes and question my sanity. 49 days and counting...
Don't drink and fly...

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:22 pm

Greetings LawP....welcome aboard... I know what you mean when you say people roll their eyes at cha :roll: ... Don't worry none of that here! :D It will be nice to chat with you too.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:42 pm

Howdy Michael and Lawp weclome to 'this our town of halloween'...just jump in, the waters great...
our drug store chain is starting to get the stuff out..(SHOPPER'S DRUG MART) and the A&P has the chips that I like to hand out..forget the candies..my kids had a Tostido tariff to pay with me..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future