UNIVERSAL MONSTERS!

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
darkshadow
Zombie

UNIVERSAL MONSTERS!

Post by darkshadow » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:36 pm

I don't know about you guys, but how can you watch halloween movies WITHOUT the classics! You know, THE WOLF MAN, Dracula and co. The best ones to watch aren't the best movies, but their perfect for halloween. They are House of dracula and house of Frakienstien, each having all 3 in a perfect popcorn-halloween flick.

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by BlkAsH » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:49 pm

I agree darkshadow... I love the old Universal Monsters! They are classic and I hope on of these days I manage to get around to buying all of them for my collection.
.:~* Even though Halloween is gone, the spirit of it still lives on *~:.

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:51 pm

I always loved the 1931 Dracula with Bela Lugosi...

Ahh, zee children of zee night... listen what music they make!

And for those of you who do not know: Bela Lugosi's Dead.
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

darkshadow
Zombie

Post by darkshadow » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:06 pm

This evening I watched HOUSE OF FRAKINSTEIN with my friends, and it was fun. We had popcorn, and some scenes made us laugh. It got me in the mood of halloween all right. Now I've been checking out FRIGHT CATALOG for costumes.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:39 pm

The Universal Monsters are my favorite!!! I even have posters of a few of the classics that I put up as part of my Halloween decor. I have also costumed as the Bride and the Mummy (THAT was a trip, yards and yards of cheesecloth!). :lol:

darkshadow
Zombie

Post by darkshadow » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:05 pm

I only have THE WOLF MAN poster, he is my favorite monster because I love werewolves. I like dracula and Franky equally. To me THE WOLF MAN is the most atmospheric by a long shot.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:37 pm

Darkshadow...atmospheric is the PERFECT way to describe The Wolfman! I love him, too. Always felt so sorry for him... :cry:

darkshadow
Zombie

Post by darkshadow » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:31 pm

Me too...He is quite depressed. Won't spoil the near-ending of HOUSE OF FRAKENSTIEN for those who haven't seen it, but I was sort of surprised! :o

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:03 pm

this year, I got a BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN poster for the Aurora models from the 60's...these were fabulous things Baby Brother and I would drool over and build in our corrupt youth...BRIDE has the bandages that hug her form bathed in a blue light..and instead of looking stunned like the Bride in the movie does, she just seems to have FORGOTTEN all the rules so anything is on the table..we also dug THE FORGOTTEN PRISONER and SALEM WITCH..
My addition this year to the Universal library is SON OF FRANKENSTEIN...check out IT'S ending..I've already done Frankenstein, Dracula, and spanish Dracula..(oh, you GOTTA see the spanish version of Dracula...made at NIGHT while Bela and the boys did their thing during the day..the actor as Spanish Drac is a fresh and dangerous version..Reinfield just goes out of his CUG and the ladies show more cleavage..and WAIT until you hear the subtle and NOT so sublte changes in dialogue.."Yo no bibo vino.." "los hijos de la noche" Don't worry, it's subtitled..)
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

darkshadow
Zombie

Post by darkshadow » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:25 pm

I'm going to rent the spanish version.