Types of Halloween

Discussion of general Halloween topics
LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:01 am

My decorating styles fit all those categories. I also love the old German antiques and I have to admit most of my paper decor is Beistle. For some reason, most of the items that catch my eye happen to be made by that company. I have mini themes in my place too. No matter where I live, spots are reserved for a certain decoration. It's strange but it's my tradition.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

LivingDeadGirl
Ghost

Post by LivingDeadGirl » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:24 pm

I like the spooky/creepy kind of halloween.
Pack the moon with coffin, eyes so crazy for the dead

Dee381
Vampire

Post by Dee381 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:06 am

I would have to say #4.
As my son gets older (he's 3 now) i hope to make my way up to #5.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:02 pm

Another old thread that was well worth dusting off.

Well my own home is a #4 Year round, it's a blend of old world Gothic/Victorian/Midevial with a splash of Halloween. It has a lot of the elements of Interview with A Vampire if I were to offer an example, with a splash of Practical Magic & hmmm Maybe Adams Family thrown in there a tad :D
For Halloween I love a blend of #4, #1, #2 throughout. #3 I reserve for parts of my outdoor decor namely The Cemetery aspect. But even then it's not over the top. When I need my fill of sheer Gore I go to Halloween Haunted Attractions, they're awesome and I can do all my gore admiring there :)
Oh and well, I have some of tantraman's Erotic Halloween theme in a classy tone in my home year round also :wink: I just love the Whole Vampire Lair concept so of course that ties in with my year round decor as well. But as far as the Naked Vampires waiting to eat you for dinner, I can get my fill of that down at any Bar At Halloween, well year round actually :lol:
But I just love Decor, so I truly adore and admire looking at anyone's style, just cause a style isn't a part of mine by no means doesn't mean I can't love it and admire it. I drive people nuts really, always talking about home decor and wanting to see thier styles, I just love how everyones home is so unique, there is always something to be admired in anothers decor.
Overall I guess you could say my halloween elements are Classy/Scary.

Twilight
Ghost

Post by Twilight » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:40 pm

Yeah I would say both # 1 and # 2 for me.

Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:00 pm

I am a classic/country/spooky kind of girl... :lol:

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:50 pm

Travel agent told me that a lot of Asian tourist groups come over this time of year to take in the different Halloweens, pretty much the way you broke them down...huge tourist attration..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:22 am

Well, isn't this a neat thread! I don't know how i missed this one.

I would have to say that I typically come up with combinations of classic, country and victorian type of decor and moods.

I am NOT into gore at all....... that is, of course, unless I've kicked the <deleted> out of some Halloween bully and I've strewn his blood and guts all over the street.

heh heh... just kidding.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:11 am

OMG OEJ, I just adore you! :D I just love what you said about the whole Halloween Bully thing, good one. OEJ, how about you be our Halloween Anti-bully Security Guard, sound good?? :lol:
I see we have a lot in common in the decor department, why doesn't that surprise me at all? So glad you're a member here OEJ, you're just aweome!

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:28 pm

I love this post. You describe the different types of Halloween very well! I think my favorite would have to be a mix between Classic and Country Halloween. I believe the nature creates a wonderful feel around Halloween, and of course no one can go without the jack-o-lanterns and ghosts that go with a classic halloween!

Big_Guh
Haunt Master

Post by Big_Guh » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:43 am

I'm on board the country/classic hybrid train.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:46 am

There is nothing like a cool, still night, almost warmish, and with some crickets. Pure magic. Nature can set a lot of the stage.

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:21 pm

im a little bit of everything all rolled into one! gore is probably my least fav though! i too and MHPD!! HAHAHA

and yeah, i would totally go for the erotic halloween BUT with naked guy vampires!!! yeah baby!! :twisted: :twisted:

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:36 pm

I have to say im not into the realy gorey stuff, i like to keep halloween classic and simple. I believe the feeling of Halloween doesnt come from tons of gorey stuff, but instead from the feeling of the fall nature and innocent, classic decorations (LOTS OF ORANGE AND BLACK) such as jack-o-lanterns and ghosts.

ooga_booga
Haunt Master

Post by ooga_booga » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:09 am

All the types listed on page 1 appeal to me (apart for erotic :lol: ).
This year I'm pretty much going for a cross between classic, country and spooky.
Serial Thread Killer.