Movie that Scares You the Most

Halloween and Horror Movies
tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:36 pm

Laydie Witch wrote:If you watched 'Carrie' you must watch its second movie 'Rage of Carrie 2'. It's so much better than original. The first one made my head hurt.
Are you serious Rage was up there with tremors 4, just straight to vhs quality I couldn't even finish it.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

spookysprite
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

scary

Post by spookysprite » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:41 am

when i first saw bram stoker's dracula,i found certain parts of that scared me.over all,a movie that gives me the creeps mostly,is horror express with peter cushing.it's wonderful how they managed to get the dead soldiers coming back to life,slashing with their swords with bood dripping empty eye sockets in the dark.

Son-of-Thing
Vampire

Post by Son-of-Thing » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:31 pm

I would recommend "The Haunting" (Harris, Bloom, Tamblyn), which, is all mood and requires a very late, very quiet, preferably lonely night for maximum effectiveness. The book should not be missed.

Also, I thought "The Blair Witch Project" totally rocked. It may have been the victim of its own hype to some extent, but I had a hard time not averting my eyes during the last few minutes. Brilliant concept and performances.

(and, in a sci-fi vein, the first "Alien" had me working to breathe in several spots...)
Last edited by Son-of-Thing on Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"By My Prickly, Long-Stemmed Nose,
Something Wicked This Way Grows...!"

mama2taj
Master Reaper

Post by mama2taj » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:50 pm

For me the movie Fire in the Sky scares me soooooo bad.i think becaus it say based on a true story. and the exorsist , amarican haunting. The first time I watched IT I was realy young. I got scared and jumped and slamed my wrist hard down on an earing that was laying on the cofee table so that movie scared me my whole chiledhood. Also when I was younger I was in Estes Park when they were filming the shining. I got to see the hotel and watch them blow fake snow all over. I was excited because Steven king was staying there at the time. it was so creepy even the doors creeked.
Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, "Tonights Halloween"- Dexter Kozen

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:22 pm

Oh Wow! Fire in the sky was really creepy. I'm not clautrophobic but, MAN, When the guy woke up in that cocoon.... HOLY!!!!! (as Doddy likes to say!)

mama2taj
Master Reaper

Post by mama2taj » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:30 am

My sis, cousing and I watched it together and we all had to sleep together in a tiny twin bed. We were soo scared. Alien's just are scary to me because they can be real. Like in the movie Signs , I like all the M. Night Shyamalans movies.
Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, "Tonights Halloween"- Dexter Kozen

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:54 pm

definately texas chainsaw massacre. actually, all horror movies care me, but i especially don't like sensless killing, because crazy psychos like this really exist in this crazy world. saw would also qualify here, i've never seen any of them. only the first 20 minutes of the first one and that was it for me. :?

mama2taj
Master Reaper

Post by mama2taj » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:14 pm

I know Kallie anything gorey is hard to watch. In Saw I sat in the theater with my hand over my face the whole time. My freinds have this thing they have been doing for a year or longer where they meet every sunday night and watch old cult or any zombie or horror movie. Its called Zombie Night. I cant go very much it makes me all wierded out but its a good Idea. I seem to like scary movies that have to do with Ghosts and paranormal stuff more than suspence and gore.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Re: Movie that Scares You the Most

Post by Andybev01 » Fri May 09, 2008 5:30 pm

Only one movie scared me soooo bad that I still to this day, even KNOWING how it ends, have not finished watching, is The Sixth Sense.

I get to the scene where the kid is forced to go to the birthday party and the shouting and noises coming from the door upstairs make my blood run cold.

Who knows what it takes to get a person juuuuust right?

Brrrrr.....! :cry:
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Mon May 26, 2008 8:02 pm

That movie used to scare the hell out of me when I was little. But it does not scare me anymore.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:30 pm

That was not really a horror movie. It was a thriller. I used to think it was a horror movie.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:27 pm

Rising Dead Man wrote:That was not really a horror movie. It was a thriller. I used to think it was a horror movie.
I completely agree, it's a thriller.

Like I've said elsewhere; blood-n-guts aren't scary, just gross.

Endora
Zombie

Post by Endora » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:44 pm

I agree that books are far scarier than movies. I had to put Pet Semetary down for a while, give it a rest, while the movie was horribly lame. Another favorite book was Red Dragon (Hannibal Lecter), that movie was pretty frightening to me because I thought it could totally happen - but not a horror movie. I have to vote The Exorcist as all time scariest horror movie.
It is said that if you hear someone's footsteps behind you on the Halloween night, you should not turn back because it may be a dead following you. And if you commit the mistake of looking back, it is likely that you might join the dead very soon.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:28 pm

I only liked Pet Semetary (movie) because 'Herman Munster' played the cranky old neighbor!!

ImAWalkingCorpse
Crypt Keeper

Post by ImAWalkingCorpse » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:30 pm

Death is afraid of nothing....