Movie that Scares You the Most

Halloween and Horror Movies
Laydie Witch
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Laydie Witch » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:01 pm

The Exorcist.

I first watched this movie when I was 7 all alone and in the dark. I have not needed to watch it again since. The movie practically stained my mind. It scared the living daylights out of me. I recommend you never watch it.

Laydie Witch

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:11 am

I agree that the Exorcist is pretty darn scary. I read the book in high school and it scared the <deleted> out of me. Books scare me more, because the stuff I come up with in my head is always worse. There's a scene in the book that is much more vivid than the movie, where Regan comes down the stairs, bent over backwards completely in half, licking the backs of her own knees. Gah, that freaked me out. In the movie it showed her in more of a back bend, with her hands on the stairs, too, I think. Not nearly as creepy as what I saw in my head.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:26 pm

I imagine that The Exorcist would rank #1 as the scariest on almost everyone's list.

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:17 pm

I got one scarrier! Rosie O'Donnell on the "View"... As a matter of fact Just the "View" Period. 8)

I drop my remote in terror whenever I unsuspectingly land on that station. :shock:
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

Laydie Witch
Vampire

Post by Laydie Witch » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:15 pm

You reminded me, geekmidwinter. The second scariest movie for me was 'The Ring 1 and 2'. When Samara is crawling up the well, it creeps me out, is like a human cockroach. ugh. And her hair, thick, stringy, jet black and long... perfect for freaking me out.

weird thing is....

I have jet black hair.

Laydie Witch

Nyx
Crypt Keeper

Post by Nyx » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:52 pm

Ya'll promise not to laugh? Seriously, it's gotta be Rosemary's Baby for me. :oops: That movie scares the living daylights out of me. It's not gory, it's not a slasher film, it's not even "in your face." It's the little things that get me -- namely that spooky music. GAH!

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:04 am

Haunted Horseman wrote:I got one scarrier! Rosie O'Donnell on the "View"... As a matter of fact Just the "View" Period. 8)

I drop my remote in terror whenever I unsuspectingly land on that station. :shock:
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:09 am

Nyx, I LOVE that movie and you're right it is totally creepy. Psychological horror is the most terrifying thing sometimes. The idea of not knowing whether you're going insane or your worst fears are coming true seriously freaks me out!

Nyx wrote:Ya'll promise not to laugh? Seriously, it's gotta be Rosemary's Baby for me. :oops: That movie scares the living daylights out of me. It's not gory, it's not a slasher film, it's not even "in your face." It's the little things that get me -- namely that spooky music. GAH!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

SpookieLil.Katriona
Vampire

Post by SpookieLil.Katriona » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:13 pm

Ohhh The Ring was creepy...
Also The Grudge was another one... That noise the corpse made!!!
Heebies and hubby walked around making that noise when I least expected it !
Oh and the remake of Amityville Horror oh my god that was scary!!! (rented it because Ryan Reynold is hot that will teach me huh?)
I am not into the whole bloody gory movie thing just grosses me out and give me nightmares.
Hubby watched House of 1000 Corpses, and I had to go in another room and turn the radio up loud I could not even listen to it!
And after he was done he was so creeped out he wanted to throw away all our Zombie CD's LOL! Afterward he said that the movie was the most twisted he had ever seen. BTW I will have my Zombie Cd's he got over it!!!
"Life is just a dream on the way to death..."

Laydie Witch
Vampire

Post by Laydie Witch » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:56 am

I watched the Japanese original version of The Ring, and that wasn't as creepy as the American version, probably because I couldn't understand Japanese. I thought Grudge was ok, it could have been better though. And yes that gurgle noise she makes is hilarious! One of my family members phoned my cellphone while I was watching it and did that to me.

13 Ghosts was ok too, there was only one thing that creeped me out so much from that movie and it was The Jackal. When it chases that girl down the hallway, I almost peed myself. Ugh!

YOU GOTTA LOVE HORRORS!

Uncle POE
Master Reaper

Post by Uncle POE » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:44 pm

The sky is blue. Water is wet. And The Exorcist is the scariest movie of all-time.

But to add to this, I'll offer one of my all-time favorites: Phantasm

Seeing this at a theatre, I can't say it really scared me, but the people around us were literally jumping out of their seats --- scared out of their wits (it was hilarious). It's such a freaky movie, not deep in explaination, just a good ol' fashion scarefest.

It's been a long, long time since I jumped because I was geniunely scared or frightened ... but the last time it happened, of all movies, was at the end of "Carrie" ... no spoiler, those who have seen it know what I mean.

If there is one movie I watch where I think 'I'd <deleted> myself' --- PUMPKINHEAD ... one of the greatest critters of all-time.

The one movie that had a scene that made me look away in horror ... or was it absolute disgust? ... the 1986 remake of The Fly, when Geena Davis gives birth ... 'nuff said.

Laydie Witch
Vampire

Post by Laydie Witch » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:57 pm

Greetings Uncle Poe, Welcome to Halloween.com!

If you watched 'Carrie' you must watch its second movie 'Rage of Carrie 2'. It's so much better than original. The first one made my head hurt.

You reminded me of a movie I watched when I was about 10. 'Killer Clowns'. I had a silent hatred for clowns after that.

ZombieFlanders
Ghost

Post by ZombieFlanders » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:23 am

The Exorcist scared me as well as the Shining, which I saw when I was just a little boy. Also Pet Sematary, the scene with the sister scared the hell out of me, I had nightmares about it. And Hellraiser, that freaked me out a lot. Ofcourse I saw all of the above mentioned movies when I was really young. Having three older brothers gave me the opportunity to watch all these movies that I wasn't suppose to watch.
It's In The Trees... It's Coming

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:27 am

For me, it was the first Jaws movie.
Couldn't sit on a toilet for weeks!
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:31 pm

i remember when friday the 13th part 2 came out and the head in the refrigrator was pretty freaky back then.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/