Hallmark CREEPY CLASSICS VHS tape

Discussion of general Halloween topics
tomanderson
Halloween Master

Hallmark CREEPY CLASSICS VHS tape

Post by tomanderson » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:00 am

MHooch's charming Hallmark story ties in a little bit with this posting:

I recently found on Ebay (you can find these on Amazon.com also!) a VHS tape called CREEPY CLASSICS, and this is a tape from 1988 that I wanted to buy but wasn't able to get down to a Hallmark store--they were available for only a limited time around Halloween. It was a Hallmark product and only available through them, so this made it a little more difficult to get if you didn't have a store near you.

This is a clip tape narrated by dear old Vincent Price, who takes us on a 30-minute tour of scenes from famous low-budget horror movies.

I had forgotten this for years and years! But anyway it arrived yesterday and I enjoyed it quite a bit. This is such an old tape that the spooky labels were falling off and I had to carefully re-attach them. But that's part of the fun!

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:36 pm

Sounds very nostalgic, tomanderson!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:36 pm

You know what's weird? It's at least TWO layers of nostalgia. The first layer is Vincent Price talking about old monster flicks from the 50's and 60's, some of which he starred in. And the SECOND layer is the video itself which was made in the late 80's...I remember seeing ads for this tape and thinking "Drat!" because I wasn't able to buy one.