When do you take down your decorations?

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

When do you take down your decorations?

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:11 am

I am usually out there the day after Halloween bringing everything down. It doesnt bother me too much because I put it up so early that I get the whole season to enjoy it. So by the time Halloween is over I am usually ready to take it down. However I do leave up any fall related decortaion like pumpkins and such.

When do you take yours down?

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:11 am

i usually take them down the weekend after halloween. so i know what i'm doing this saturday. i'll keep out the pumpkins that i didn't paint or carve, and i'll pull the scarecrows out of the basement ( they didn't fit my halloween decor this yr or else i would have put them up before)
trick or treat

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:25 am

Well though I definitely think I am NOT ready to take down the Halloween decorations...I will probably take down most of it tonight. I already took down some stuff. It's sad as hell for me, but with many fewer scary movies on and the xmas stuff now in full force everywhere you look...I'm just not going to leave my stuff up. It's a pretty depressing ritual.

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:58 am

I agree with you EvilMel it's depressing to me too, even though since Oct. 14th (day after my early Halloween party) I started taking down decorations. I will take down the little bit of Halloween decorations that are still up by this weekend. I don't get to decorate much for x-mas since my roommate doesn't like the holiday (too many bad childhood memories) so not much of anything to really look forward to in regards to my decorating until next year's Halloween.
.:~* Even though Halloween is gone, the spirit of it still lives on *~:.

kevin
Crypt Keeper

Post by kevin » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:38 am

Well, I was going to leave them up for a few more days, but found out its going to rain today, so took all the electrical stuff down. We live in a complex that has gardeners take care of the front yards every thursday, so I suppose I gotta pull up the bones and stuff that I had out on the grass. I'll leave the pumpkins for next week becuase our garbage can is full already.

Hey, we should start a petition to make Halloween a week long holiday. So many of us spend days on end putting decorations up all for about 5 hours of enjoyment on the day/night of. Seems it should be legalized to allow it to last at least a few more days. I say we vote to make Halloween the last weekend of October from Friday to Sunday. That way most of us can enjoy it instead of these week night deals when its a school night.

JACKRYAN592
Haunt Master

Post by JACKRYAN592 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:53 pm

I AGREE, BUT THINK IT SHOULD BE A MONTH LONG HOLIDAY!!

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:48 am

This year I get to keep them up until Nov.25!!! We are having a birthday party for my roommates boyfriend. He is turning 30 so she wants to do the over the hill deal. His birthday isn't until the end of December but we all know that everyone will be broke or out of town so it will be a HUGE surprise for him. HEHEHE We are trying to put up more stuff hopefully without him knowing. He is not very observant at times, so it just might work. :lol:
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:02 pm

Wow I think that sounds like a great idea. For myself it would be hard to leave them up that long however it sound like a fantastic idea and all the power to ya! I will difinitly be thinking of you and your surprise party especially with the decor ...what a great surprise....
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

ImAWalkingCorpse
Crypt Keeper

Post by ImAWalkingCorpse » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:46 am

Mine all come down November 1st.