Xmas Trees

What crafts do you like to do for Christmas?

Xmas Trees

Postby ChristmasPenguin on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:42 am

when i was little my parents would always go out for dinner a few days before xmas, and my aunt would watch us. we'd always make "edible" (don't eat em, they're icky!) xmas trees. my aunt may not babysit us anymore, but I still make these awesome trees for my snow scene and gingerbread houses!

1. Buy ice cream cones (the one with the pointy bottoms)

2. Cover the cones in green-tinted frosting. (about 1/2 a cup per tree and 3 drops cake tint or food coloring for a good, rich color--Wilton's Kelly Green works great!) you can spread it on with aknife or spatula, or pipe it in a pastry bag for a fancier tree.

3. Decorate! Really anything is fine. Gummy worms make great garland, m&ms good ornaments, a mini pretzel on top is a cool tree-topper, but vthink of your own!

OK that's just an idea but get creative! these are fun decorations
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...:)
ChristmasPenguin

Re: Xmas Trees

Postby SantaClaus on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:19 am

Those sound pretty good. Do you have any pictures on how they turn out?

ChristmasPenguin wrote:when i was little my parents would always go out for dinner a few days before xmas, and my aunt would watch us. we'd always make "edible" (don't eat em, they're icky!) xmas trees. my aunt may not babysit us anymore, but I still make these awesome trees for my snow scene and gingerbread houses!

1. Buy ice cream cones (the one with the pointy bottoms)

2. Cover the cones in green-tinted frosting. (about 1/2 a cup per tree and 3 drops cake tint or food coloring for a good, rich color--Wilton's Kelly Green works great!) you can spread it on with aknife or spatula, or pipe it in a pastry bag for a fancier tree.

3. Decorate! Really anything is fine. Gummy worms make great garland, m&ms good ornaments, a mini pretzel on top is a cool tree-topper, but vthink of your own!

OK that's just an idea but get creative! these are fun decorations
SantaClaus
Site Admin

Re: Xmas Trees

Postby Terrylee5151 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:14 pm

I have seen these in a magazine or on the internet somewhere....They look really nice but I have never tried to make them.....Lazy I guess
Terrylee5151

Return to Christmas Crafts