Xmas Trees

What crafts do you like to do for Christmas?

Xmas Trees

Postby ChristmasPenguin on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:42 am

when i was little my parents would always go out for dinner a few days before xmas, and my aunt would watch us. we'd always make "edible" (don't eat em, they're icky!) xmas trees. my aunt may not babysit us anymore, but I still make these awesome trees for my snow scene and gingerbread houses!

1. Buy ice cream cones (the one with the pointy bottoms)

2. Cover the cones in green-tinted frosting. (about 1/2 a cup per tree and 3 drops cake tint or food coloring for a good, rich color--Wilton's Kelly Green works great!) you can spread it on with aknife or spatula, or pipe it in a pastry bag for a fancier tree.

3. Decorate! Really anything is fine. Gummy worms make great garland, m&ms good ornaments, a mini pretzel on top is a cool tree-topper, but vthink of your own!

OK that's just an idea but get creative! these are fun decorations
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...:)
ChristmasPenguin

Re: Xmas Trees

Postby SantaClaus on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:19 am

Those sound pretty good. Do you have any pictures on how they turn out?

ChristmasPenguin wrote:when i was little my parents would always go out for dinner a few days before xmas, and my aunt would watch us. we'd always make "edible" (don't eat em, they're icky!) xmas trees. my aunt may not babysit us anymore, but I still make these awesome trees for my snow scene and gingerbread houses!

1. Buy ice cream cones (the one with the pointy bottoms)

2. Cover the cones in green-tinted frosting. (about 1/2 a cup per tree and 3 drops cake tint or food coloring for a good, rich color--Wilton's Kelly Green works great!) you can spread it on with aknife or spatula, or pipe it in a pastry bag for a fancier tree.

3. Decorate! Really anything is fine. Gummy worms make great garland, m&ms good ornaments, a mini pretzel on top is a cool tree-topper, but vthink of your own!

OK that's just an idea but get creative! these are fun decorations
SantaClaus
Site Admin

Postby Terrylee5151 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:14 pm

I have seen these in a magazine or on the internet somewhere....They look really nice but I have never tried to make them.....Lazy I guess
Terrylee5151

Postby CharlesLoyd on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:56 am

In Christmas eve people use to decorate their home and especially Christmas tree with lights, candies, stars chocolates and with many mote things. Christmas tree is the main center of attraction in every houses. I also decorate my Christmas tree to as much as I can by using different things. I like this festival a lot.
Christmas Ornaments Sale | Christmas Tree---> http://www.factorydirectparty.com/holid ... trees.html
CharlesLoyd

Return to Christmas Crafts