when does the halloween programming start

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
midnight kitty
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

when does the halloween programming start

Post by midnight kitty » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:44 pm

ok, usually amc has the monster movies all month long, but it didn't start today
i know abc family had the 13 nights of halloween also, are they going to do it this yr?
trick or treat

autumn
Vampire

Post by autumn » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 pm

I could swear I saw an ABC Family commercial for the 13 Nights of Halloween.

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:56 pm

I don't know about the other channels but the Disney Channel has already started their Halloween programing. In just a few minutes Halloween Town is starting and tomorrow night they are showing Halloween Town 2. Hope this helps some.
.:~* Even though Halloween is gone, the spirit of it still lives on *~:.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:28 am

Hey thanks for the updates on Halloween town!!

I know that ABC family is doing the 13 nights of Halloween again and will also be playing Sabrina the teenage witch weekdays during October.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:49 am

i saw a commercial the other day for return to halloweentown. i only caught the end so i didn't see any clips or when it'll be aired.

i hope 1 day this month they show all 4 in a row. i have them all on different dvds and it would be nice to have them all on 1. i don't mind sitting for 6 hrs to pause the dvd recorder for the commercials
trick or treat

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:04 am

AMC usually only starts gearing up for Halloween in the 7 days prior to Halloween. They will have "Fright Fridays" but I think that's year round. Then 7 days before Halloween they start Monsterfest.

I hope it's good this year.

I watched some of that Halloweentown movie last night...it's a bit kid-ish for my tastes but to be honest with you...I was just so excited to see SOMEone start Halloween-themed programming I totally wanted to watch it. hah hah.

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:25 pm

I agree Halloweentown is kiddish but I still love it. Guess it's because I haven't completely grown up yet. Plus I'm just so happy to see Halloween themed programming on tv and some of the costumes and decorations they use give me ideas. I know that the Disney Channel is also going to be airing The Worst Witch, Hocus Pocus, and other such movies as well. Also I think Cartoon Network is also starting to run some of their cartoons' halloween episodes as well. I haven't seen anything else yet though in regards to programming. But do please keep posting if you find out something. I don't get TV Guide or anything so this is my main source of info about it unless I catch a tease about something on tv while I'm flipping channels.
.:~* Even though Halloween is gone, the spirit of it still lives on *~:.

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:25 am

Ok so I checked and AMC's Monsterfest starts on Oct 22 (10 days this year!!).

Here's the link to the website with the schedule.

http://monsterfest.amctv.com/

They are actually showing the original Halloween this year. Check out Oct 31...all day Halloween movies! I am such a sucker for any of those movies being on TV even though I have them all on DVD.

PuddleDuck
Ghost

Post by PuddleDuck » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:25 am

I find it very easy to go to websites of educational channels such as the history channel or discovery channel. If you check their line up you will find a few weeks of haunted places and stories shows. Lots of episodes dealing with haunted houses and haunted districts. Fun to watch :D

-Becky

mschonondlerbong
Zombie

Post by mschonondlerbong » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:40 pm

I would like to know whatever happened to the Halloween special with Garfield. I don't even remember the name of the cartoon, but I happened to watch it some time ago, and now I look forward to it every year, but the networks never play it. Anyone know anything about the Garfield Halloween Special? :twisted:
There is not one shred of evidence that proves the notion that life should be taken seriously.