What's your creepiest, creepy-crawly and/or flying thing?...

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Laurie Strode

What's your creepiest, creepy-crawly and/or flying thing?...

Post by Laurie Strode » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:35 am

Let's see, could be lots of contenders here- spiders, snakes, rats, bats, crows, roaches, centipedes, scorpions, beetles, locusts, frogs....are naming a few-

Snakes are first on my list (water moccassins, black racers, and rattlers are numerous in our area of Georgia- some big snake poked his head out from under our deck (EEEEK!!!!) last Halloween, 'bout gave me a heartattack), but spiders run a close second!!!

What about you guys?

magickbean
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by magickbean » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:16 am

Buzzing things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Hornets, wasps, bees, flies, mosquitos - all of those horrid flying buzzy things. They make all the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I start sweating. Although I wish bees no ill will, I mean.. they make honey, but why do the others exist? *cries*

That's about all that creeps me out really. Although big spiders have to go outside, and cockroaches are pretty nasty :lol:

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:19 am

Well I have to say.... Spiders, I don't mind them, and I find them very intersting to watch, but if I come across a bit nasty looking one when I am not expecting it, it totally sends shivers up and down my spine.... As for bats or snakes and stuff, I love em... Actually it is kinda funny because my spouse totally can't stand bats so if they get in our house or the shop I go and pick up off the wall or whatever its stuck to... while wearing a glove and chase him around the yard until he starts to get really mad!!!LOL... then I laugh hysterically!!! LOL.. well ok, I know its not nice, and I don't do it for a long amount of time... perhaps 10 seconds but hey, he needs to learn to get along with all the beautiful... creatures of the night!LOL....
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:20 am

Oh, this one is easy, real easy. It's some kind of weird creature that I have never been able to find in the books--has the tall hind legs of a cricket but it has a pill-bug type body with many small legs. And no discernible head! I saw one alive, whirring around a room, about ten years ago, and it promptly vanished--ran into a hole in the wall or something. And about a year ago, I found one dead in the bathroom. Still have no idea what this thing is called.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:26 am

Eww... sounds freaky! Oh another creepy thing that bothers me intensely are Wood ticks... those stinking things seem to creep and crawl on a person without them even knowing it... I had one stuck behind my ear once and to have to pull it off with they claws or teeth stuck in ya... trying to bury themselves in your skin... oh, I can't stand them!

I remember my dog having one and it must of been on there for a few days it was like a bit a#% marble ballooned up on her cuase it suck up so much blood... I couldn't even get it off I had to have someone else do it~~~EWWWW~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:49 am

Good Lord, Tom, a crazy lookin' creature like that would scare the bejeezus outta me too!!

I don't think I've ever had a wood tick on me, but one of the regular variety got down inside the outside of my ear once...I thought it was a piece of wax at first. :) Until I had to pry it loose and a chunk of my skin came off with it!! AAAAAHHH!!

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:15 am

Yeah.....this thing, it looked prehistoric. I was TOTALLY freaked out, and it moved really fast, too. It whizzed, sort of glided quickly all over the floor and it didn't walk in a straight line, it sort of swirled and spun. I was on the phone with someone when I saw it, and I suddenly went silent and stared at this thing. When I got off the phone I got down off the chair and looked for the creature and--it was gone! That was back around 1995.

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:37 am

Having just recovered from a bout of West Nile virus I have to say I absolutely loathe mosquitoes. :evil: Centipedes, cockroaches, and buzzy insects also creep me out.
Don't drink and fly...

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:04 pm

While I was an instructor in the military we had a glass box where we kept a black scorpion. Whenever a student misplaced or broke something, fellow instructors would bring those items to us and we'd place it with the scorpion for the student to find and "fish out."

Every instrucotr in my block had to handle the scorpion or face ridicule.. :lol:

It was actually a very tamed creature.

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:19 pm

Here's a couple of spiders who made homes outside of our house last Halloween:

:shock:

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:28 pm

My home, I have bats, rats, mices, toads and frogs, lizards, rabbits, raccoons, possiums, squirrels, lots of different kinds of spiders... I got very few yellow frogs that can crawl on the wall and trees.

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:34 pm

None of 'em scare you, HM? :)

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:34 pm

No, none of them do scary me - BUT if there is any REAL monster or creature out there, I might get scared! :lol:

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:36 pm

spiders freak me out.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

JACKRYAN592
Haunt Master

Post by JACKRYAN592 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:29 pm

WHERE HE HECK DO YOU LIVE? THOSE SPIDERS LOOK LIKE THEY CAME FROM THE THE AMAZON!!