To party or Not to party

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

To party or Not to party

Post by mandy0221 » Sat May 19, 2007 7:32 pm

Ok so this year I'm not going to have a party. I am moving into my first apartment and its too small to have a large group over and I don't want to rent the party room out.

So my question is what other type of "gathering" could I have at my new one bedroom 870 square foot home for Halloween?

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon May 21, 2007 10:59 pm

So, I've been thinking about this...the question is not really "to party or not to party" because what the heck kind of question is that?? :lol: The question is: "how many people can I fit in my new apt?" Just invite a smaller group, or maybe have an 'open house' type thing where people will come and go over a certain time frame. Is the most important thing TOTing? Then have some friends over (costumes of course) to help you hand out candy. Or get together with a group of your friends and get costumed up and go out to a club, that's always fun, AND you don't have to clean up!! :lol:

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Tue May 22, 2007 12:58 am

I'll tell you one thing, one of the best Halloween parties I ever had was in a 750sqft apartment. With a smaller space you can do so much more, with so much less! All of my decorations and atmosphere thingys in that little apartment were so intense, instead of spread out over the 2600sqft house I have now. I had about 20 people at the peak, and had small groups in several small areas, the kitchen, porch (for smokers), living room, dining room. It was a blast, and like we always say, it's all in your heart. It will be what you make it, but don't let the space limit you, I know you can do a great job!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

ghostess
Master Reaper

Post by ghostess » Tue May 22, 2007 7:49 am

Small parties are fun too... my first Halloween party was very small. I think I had 6 guests, all our closest friends. It's much easier to coordinate games too with a smaller party.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret." -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sun May 27, 2007 3:15 pm

Thanks for the ideas! I was thinking since it would be less people it wouldn't really be a "party" so I was thinking more like a spooky movie night around Halloween. Then maybe go to a haunted house or something like that.

I swear - most of my friends and family arent relaly into halloween so I have to convince people its fuN!!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun May 27, 2007 10:34 pm

Hehehe - I just LOVE you people - - - MY People - - -
Yeah, Mandy - What THEY said! What THEY said!!!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun May 27, 2007 11:29 pm

LOL, OEJ!

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:08 am

I agree that you gotta have one no matter how big the place is.....I remember when I moved from my one apartment to another...we had a party in the empty one, and rented a big screen TV and watched scary movies, and everyone laid on the floor on pillows and blankets and we ate pizza. You can have a Halloween party anywhere, anytime, and it is always cool.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:24 pm

well i just bought my new car so i may be postponing the apartment hunt. And mom already said no halloween party this year for us. ARGHHH (now if i could just get her out of the house for 24 hours i will have one in secret)
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:56 pm

Heheheh.... "...one in secret." That's cute!
You go girl!

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:19 pm

mandy0221 wrote:well i just bought my new car so i may be postponing the apartment hunt. And mom already said no halloween party this year for us. ARGHHH (now if i could just get her out of the house for 24 hours i will have one in secret)
If you're going to have a party in secret you should really try having it while they're home. Nothing says "Halloween Par-tay" like friends, food and subterfuge!

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:33 pm

Awwww! Party!! Go for it! :D

Last Halloween, I hosted a party at my mum's house - she has a huge house with a big garden and we ended up spending an absolute fortune simply trying to fill the place up! The bonus was that we could invite a lot of people, but the thing with having a big place with a big party is that really, people will drift off into their own little groups anyway.

This year, now I am in my new flat, which is very small, I will be hosting my own party here. I know it will be a push for space, but I'm really looking forward to decorating the flat because it's going to be much easier to change the look of the place. I have invited a fair few people but don't forget that guests will always come and go at different times at parties so it'll never get too full, and if it does get too crowded, simply go down the pub in your costumes!! hehe! :lol:

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:13 pm

Sounds like a fun time magickbean! I dont know if I will find a place by then or not but no matter how small the space you have to do something. I may rent a home instead of an apartment so then I will have more space to DECORATE and PARTY in!!!
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:12 am

wow sounds like you party last year was the bomb!!! And this year, in your flat/apartment.. it will be fun for you to explode you Halloween spirit from floor to ceiling!!! I have pictures, characters, spiders and all sorts of stuff tacked to all the cielings in my house...
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:13 am

We were planning a Halloween party this October but our van just broke down to the tune of $2000!!! :evil: ARGH!! It will be a stretch to pull one off now, this has really cut into our expense budget. I will hate to back out on this, we haven't had a Halloween party in years.