How did Halloween become so important to you?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
LawP
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by LawP » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:54 pm

I grew up in New England so Halloween meant crunchy, colorful leaves, that wonderful smell of Fall, and, of course, all the wonderful Halloween shows that were on T.V. My mom and her best friend (9 kids between them) used to get us all together and decide on costumes. No store bought for us - we would have to come up with creative ways to turn ourselves into princesses, robots, clowns, and one year...a pregnant old lady (I have no idea what I was thinking that year!). We had so much fun. Now, Halloween is so much a part of who I am I can't even remember when I went from a few window clings to 10 tubs of decorations!! At home I still display my two Jim Shore witch figurines and a little plastic pumpkin on the T.V. At work, I have the ruby red slippers (from the Wicked Witch of the West) candleholder with black and white striped candles for the legs on my desk along with a rubber spider and black cat candleholder. I like to keep a little Halloween lurking around my world all year long...and I hardly ever get rolling eyes anymore! Life is good. :D
Don't drink and fly...