Dishes

Let's discuss ideas and tips for decorating for Christmas

Dishes

Postby GreenElf on Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:12 pm

I got a set of Snowman dishes a ocuple of years ago for Christmas and last year was the first year I actually unpacked them and used them becasue I didn't have to room before. ANyway I keep them in my cupboards until about March and then pack them away and bring out my normal dishes... Does anyone else use Christmas/winter dishes?
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby Snow-flake on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:30 pm

I do!!

These are one set. I have 3 different sets. My step mom bought me some cool sets at flea markets.

I have a Halloween set of dishes too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/ ... 115220.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/ ... 115221.jpg
Snow-flake

Postby GreenElf on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:03 pm

Oh very nice lay out too... As for Halloween I don't have a complete set of dishes but I do have 5 misc Halloween themed plates and about 5-6 mugs that i bring out in September...and are still in my cupboard..
GreenElf

Postby GreenElf on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:29 pm

Well I did switch up my dishes last night finally. My son helped me as we were putting a few other little things around. I unpacked them all and rinsed them quick in the dishwasher just to get the carboard fibres off of them. I packed up all my other dishes and put them away too! I was pretty impressed with my engergy level after a busy weekend but it was nice spending time and he was humming Christmas songs the whole time.
GreenElf

Re: Dishes

Postby The Dentist on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:12 pm

I do have Holiday dishes that I got at target a few years ago (of course I bought them on sale). Also, if you want ot decorate your kitchen area for the holidays, get a couple of dish wall hangers (you can get them at Jo Ann's or a hardware store for about a dollar) and hand the plates around your kitchen. It looks really cute!
The Dentist

Postby Fosty's Friend on Sat May 09, 2009 10:28 am

My Husbund got me a lovely set just this past year, It was on sale for 10.00 a nice stonewear set it has Holly on it....We didnt use it last year becuse I had the flu threw Christmas, but deffently want too use it this year!!

Ruth
Fosty's Friend

Postby MelindaB on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:52 am

We do this year! I never put our Christmas dishes away this past year, and about 2 months ago my 11 yr old dropped and broke all of our dessert dishes. Now we use the Christmas dishes for desserts and snacks. We already used the dinner dishes for our youngest daughter's birthday, because she loves them so much.
MelindaB

Return to Holiday Decoration