NEAT FOG

Are you a yard or home haunter? Discuss that here.
alexmiller
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

NEAT FOG

Post by alexmiller » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:00 am

Hey i was thinking about piping fog around my yard maybe 10- 15 feet of pipe i was wondering how you could do that effectivly
MY hallways are clean Bra

kevin
Crypt Keeper

Post by kevin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:36 pm

Well, first thing, unless you have a 1000 watt or better fogger, your not going to get the output push to go more than about 5 feet or so. Secondly, you'll want to run it through a chiller to keep it low to the ground to spread it out, otherwise it will rise pretty fast right out of the fogger. Worse, running through PVC pipes or what not while its hot will cause it to rise and disipitate in the tubes itself again, without chilling it.

If you want to spread it around different areas, a couple of solutions. Buy a couple of cheap foggers and use them at the same time. You'll probably want timer remotes for them as pushing them manually to fog isnt so fun. It's fine at the door, but not great for continual fogging. Also, you'll definitely want 700 watt or better foggers. The 400 watter I got has to reheat every few minutes, so you can't fog for very long before it goes into a reheat cycle. They are great for quick blasts every now and again. I routed my small one through a pumpkin to have fog come out of its mouth.

If you do run a high output fogger (my 1200 watt cost me $60 shipped), you can put a PC computer fan along the path to help push the fog along. There was a site I found that showed a guy building the same fog chiller I got from gotfog.com, but instead of a mesh inside the ice chest, he put a simple PC fance at the output end, then ran some vacuum hosing some distance. Apparently this wasn't as good as another method, but I am not sure if they meant at chilling the fog, or spreading it out. They indicated the other method, which was to use a bit of s-shaped vacuum hose inside the ice chest between the input and output, put out more fog. Putting out more, and making it move further away are two different things in my book.

I had an idea that may be able to use both methods. Have a Y connector, with one end connected to the output of the ice chest, and a fan attached to the other Y, then put a vacuum hose on the 3rd leg. The hot fog routes through the ice chest (either through the mesh like I did from the gotfog site, or some vacuum hose in an S shape), then the fan draws in outside air and the fog coming out of the one side is "pushed" along by the fan so that it can go further.

Still, to really cover some ground, you need a good high output fogger. The Ansari and Chauvet foggers are realy good, but at $300 or so for a 1700 watt fogger, it's a bit much for a one time halloween display use. Maybe when I'm rich. :D

Hope that helps.