Boo'd History

Discussion of general Halloween topics
melissa5284
Ghost

Boo'd History

Post by melissa5284 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:17 am

Does anyone know where Halloween booing came about? Where did this originate from? I was interested in knowing how all this started! It's sounds like so much fun. :lol:

Melissa

bozz

Post by bozz » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:24 am

Not sure good ?....it sure was fun....my door bell rang went to the door.....nobody there.....creepy......look down and there's a bucket of candy with a you been BOO'D to post on your window so you don't get BOO'D again....they still BOO you again....us 4 times....sometimes they don't even ring the door bell and the next morning we see another bucket of candy......too cute !!.....also there's a note in the bucket that said you must BOO 3 people.....I think our whole neighborhood got BOO'D (50 house's or more)......very cool.....I did one house and my boy did 2........it was very fun......we always rang the door bell....and watch there faces......next day they had their little ghost pictures in the window......man I was amaze how fast people can run and hide.....of course if you don't ring the doorbell you can just walk away......I want to do it again........lol !!!!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:59 am

That sounds like such a neat thing to do. I have to say honestly I have never even heard of it before. It would be such a great surprise I can think of a few houses I might have to do that to this year.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

bozz

Post by bozz » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:56 am

P.S......forgot to mention they do something similar here in Dec. as well....you don't have to ring the door bell....and the goodies were booze,candles,hot choclate,cookies and etc.,...for one 7-day period there was a new item on our steps everyday....we did 14 drop offs last Dec........that was wonderful too.......couldn't wait to get home to see what was at my door......cool....only bummer was when they stop coming....lol !

jesseV
Ghost

Post by jesseV » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:49 pm

I so live to boo. It's fun to watch all the neighbors and people at my husband's work try to figure out whodunnit. LOL

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:34 pm

I love booing. I am not sure of where it started and I even tried to do some research on it. It is a fairly new thing for me...started only a few years ago. But it sure is fun

ElMuertoMan17
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Boo'd History

Post by ElMuertoMan17 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm

Booing? I have never heard of this, but it sounds like a really fun thing to do to people on Halloween. I will certainly do this to a couple of houses this year. Thanks for the information.
La bruja, la bruja
se quedó encerrada
en una burbuja.
La bruja, la boba
con escoba y todo
con todo y escoba.

Wicked Witch
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Wicked Witch » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:42 pm

We do "Booing" at work - it is really fun we also do the December version of it as well. What's kind of neat is that now you can get luminaries for "Booing".
The Wicked Witch

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:23 am

"Booing" is so exciting and so much fun. It adds so much to the festivities of Halloween, and its a good way to spread Halloween spirit to others!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:23 pm

I was allways unter the impression that "boo" was a noise that ghosts make. BOOOOOOOOO. It's also a custom on Halloween to jump out from behind a tree or something and yell "Boo!" to startle someone as a Halloween prank. I don't know how it came about, however.

Mike