decorations

Let's discuss ideas and tips for decorating for Christmas

Honestly, am I nuts???

Poll ended at Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:50 pm

Yes! Totally! Who puts decorations up in August?!
45%
No way! Christmas is AWESOME! Who doesn't want decorations in August?
55%

Total votes : 11

decorations

Postby ChristmasPenguin on Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:37 pm

ok...don't make fun of me too much, but...today, august 23, i put my decorations up. not the whole house, as we have a family tradition of doing it on black friday, but in my room. I replaced my paper lanterns w/ christmas lights, all books on my shelf are xmas ones, i replaced my curtasins w/ our santa shower curtain, a couple wreaths hang over my windows, i flattened xmas gift bags,and they are hung on my walls, my angel is on my dresser , i flipped my beadspread over and now there's a xmas throw on top, my nutcracker display is up on the toy box i used as a little kid (it's empty, but i just can't get rid of it) and two mini trees, and currently working on getting up garland/tinsel, snowflakes, "let it snow" sign, inflatable tree, inflatible snowwman.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...:)
ChristmasPenguin

Re: decorations

Postby Father Christmas on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:46 am

No! You are not crazy my friend!! You should see what I do in my home for Halloween!!
Remember, Christmas isn't about gifts and lights.
Christmas is about the savior, who lights up the dark, on ALL nights.
Father Christmas

Location: I lived at the North Pole but Santa kicked me out for stealing the presents.

Postby merrychristmas on Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:04 pm

Crazy........no way! After all, Christmas is only 4 months today! :D
merrychristmas

Postby SantaClaus on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:08 pm

We have them up all year at the North Pole. :-)

Christmas is a state of mind and it is one that more people should be in all year!

ChristmasPenguin wrote:ok...don't make fun of me too much, but...today, august 23, i put my decorations up. not the whole house, as we have a family tradition of doing it on black friday, but in my room. I replaced my paper lanterns w/ christmas lights, all books on my shelf are xmas ones, i replaced my curtasins w/ our santa shower curtain, a couple wreaths hang over my windows, i flattened xmas gift bags,and they are hung on my walls, my angel is on my dresser , i flipped my beadspread over and now there's a xmas throw on top, my nutcracker display is up on the toy box i used as a little kid (it's empty, but i just can't get rid of it) and two mini trees, and currently working on getting up garland/tinsel, snowflakes, "let it snow" sign, inflatable tree, inflatible snowwman.
SantaClaus
Site Admin

Postby ChristmasPenguin on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:07 pm

people made fun of me so i took them down, unless i change my mind, they will stay down til nov. 1st
ChristmasPenguin

Postby SantaClaus on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:09 pm

Well, bah humbug to them. ;-)

You can always get your Christmas fix here if you are going through withdrawal.

ChristmasPenguin wrote:people made fun of me so i took them down, unless i change my mind, they will stay down til nov. 1st
SantaClaus
Site Admin

Postby Big Steve on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:43 pm

We leave ours up until springime, at least. I am going out this weekend to to buy a new white pre lit tree and guess where it is going. Yep, right in the living room. Boo hoo on all the Scrooges too bad they miss out on the smiles. :D Eveything should be up by third week in October, but nothing comes down until April (maybe) it may be up longer.

Three cheers to Mr and Mrs. Santa for all their dedication hard work.
It enables us elves to communicate!!!
Big Steve

Postby Chris on Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:06 am

I usually go November through December. Not quite as long as some. There are a few things that I have visible all year, but they are not the majority of it. (And no bah humbug from me, I think it is cool!)

Big Steve wrote:We leave ours up until springime, at least. I am going out this weekend to to buy a new white pre lit tree and guess where it is going. Yep, right in the living room. Boo hoo on all the Scrooges too bad they miss out on the smiles. :D Eveything should be up by third week in October, but nothing comes down until April (maybe) it may be up longer.

Three cheers to Mr and Mrs. Santa for all their dedication hard work.
It enables us elves to communicate!!!
Chris

Postby ldiliberto on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:41 pm

You started pretty early, I can't start until after Halloween, don't want to confuse my 2 year old!
ldiliberto

Postby Thom on Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:04 pm

I applaud you guys getting in the Christmas spirit and getting up your decorations already or preparing too. I must admit at my house there not up till early December in full but a few bits start making their way in by the start of November, maybe a little earlier. Though I always have a little smile when I pass a house on the bus etc and see they have theirs up before December. Thats not too many but certainly a few!
Thom

Postby Chris on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:29 am

I rarely see them up before mid-November although there are a lot of houses that do the Halloween decorating and then switch out to Christmas and Thanksgiving so that they have something up from the end of Sept through the new year. It is nice to see.

Thom wrote:I applaud you guys getting in the Christmas spirit and getting up your decorations already or preparing too. I must admit at my house there not up till early December in full but a few bits start making their way in by the start of November, maybe a little earlier. Though I always have a little smile when I pass a house on the bus etc and see they have theirs up before December. Thats not too many but certainly a few!
Chris

Postby ChristmasPenguin on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:16 am

yay! they're up! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ChristmasPenguin

Postby Big Steve on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:00 pm

WOOO HOOO !!!!!
Our tree made it to the living room, but it is still in the cardboard carton....getting close to that time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Steve
Big Steve

Postby Chris on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:19 pm

I put up one thing so far and may get talked into more this week. ;-)

It is a really cool 2 foot Christmas tree (not real, ceramic) with awesome decorations and lighting.

Big Steve wrote:WOOO HOOO !!!!!
Our tree made it to the living room, but it is still in the cardboard carton....getting close to that time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Steve
Chris

Postby saramitch85 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:15 pm

I think if you really love christmas, decorations is ok in August.
saramitch85

Next

Return to Holiday Decoration