Post Halloween Depression

Discussion of general Halloween topics
mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post Halloween Depression

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:50 am

Ok so I get on this site every day and get excited to talk about Halloween...and feel like I know some of you soooo well. I mean I talk about some of you to my friends (like M.Hooch's magic pumpkin or spooky's Haunted House or greekmidwinter's bedding)

So my fear is that after Halloween we will all dwindle down our time on here and slowly fade away......then i get all sad. Am I just a big goober??? :?

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:01 am

Actually, I think of you more as a Raisinette.

Honestly, I get the post Halloween blahs myself. I am SO excited for Halloween this year, but I have this bad feeling that it's going to rain. Have you ever stopped and thought about how Halloween is the shortest holiday? I mean it really starts at dusk of the 31st and is over a few hours later.
Sad.

Well, I'll try and be here for you . . .
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:32 am

I have been trying to stay psyched up about Halloween, cause so much has happened this past week...I go to the Country Junction to buy Halloween decorations, and the next day the place burns to the ground-that was a bummer...then my husband needs emergency surgery to take his appendix out. When I have driven around looking for cool decorations, it seems there aren't as many this year, but it is contagious because people that live around us...always do something to decorate.
I hate when it's over too. I think this weekend will get me motivated. I have 3 couples staying here at our B & B, and they are my age, and I even went to high school with the one girl, so that should perk me up, because I am making a big breakfast for all of them out of fall stuff.

I love eating foods that make me think of fall. Like last night, I made sloppy joes for supper and I sliced sweet potatoes up and deep fried them, and served them with maple syrup.

Today, I have company coming- (my ex neighbors are coming to see my house)-I have been here 4 years, and this is the first they will have been here. So, I made some homemade chicken noodle soup, and a big salad and I made pumpkin squares with cream cheese icing for dessert.

I bought Autum Harvest ice cream from the Schwan company...it is pumpkin ice cream, with cinnamon swirls and praline pecans in it, it is way yummy.

So, doing all this kind of stuff...definately is the stuff I live to do anyway.

When my son gets out of school we are going to go walk in the park. I walked yesterday and it was gorgeous.....I love the colors of the leaves.

It's like you want it to last longer though every year.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:48 am

i get bummed when halloween ends also. i never feel like i did enough to celebrate it. especially this yr, it seems every weekend this month is booked. so far everytime i found time to go on this haunted trail i keep hearing about, it rains. and now plans are changing. my brother wants us to go to this halloween party w/ him that's gonna be on the same night we're suppose to have our party. part of me is happy coz i save money, so i'm ok w/ it. now every other day my daughter changes her mind whether she wants a halloween party or go to dorney park's (local theme park) halloween festivities. by the time she makes up her mind, halloween will be over and we'll have no memories.

1 conselation fabout halloween ending for me is my birthday's 2 weeks later, then in another 2 weeks is thanksgiving (my second fav holiday)
trick or treat

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:56 am

I feel the blues too but I know this place will be a great place to "mourn together" LOL and stay true to the holiday all year round. I keep thinking Christmas will be coming soon after and the whole feeling of fall is around for a good month after so I can enjoy the changing of the season...
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:25 am

Right after Halloween I start to play fantasy movies that have elements of Halloween in them, like say, THE THIEF OF BAGDAD...stuff that caught my attention as a kid.
For what it's worth, I'll be around after the holiday..somebody has to water the plants...
I also have started the Christmas shopping and that helps pick things up, I have to , there's a lot of folks on the list, and I REFUSE to be rushed for the last couple of WEEKS..fall foods for me are the Octoberfest sausages WITH sauerkraut AND that really cool dark mustard and a great great panzarotti they make over across town, and a rice dish at the Tahi place..also the Dragon Gates Beef noodle always perks me up, anytime, any season..
And, of course, there are the ideas for NEXT YEAR I'm already working out...
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

ZOMBIES!!!
Zombie

Post by ZOMBIES!!! » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:21 pm

Not to sound mean, but Halloween hasn't pasted yet! We still have a good 2 weeks before the big day, enjoy it NOW! Take it all in. You'll have plenty of time to feel bad on Nov. 1st. Don't ruin your good time worrying about how your going to feel after it's over.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:31 pm

Yeah your right Zombies.... just you know how feelings kind of sneak up on ya.... thanks for the slap though...really... I am looking forward to my first Halloween party of 2006 this coming Saturday!!! Exciting!!!! :lol:
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:01 pm

Another look on the bright side: this Friday is the 13th! How often does that happen in October?
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:00 pm

Mandy0221, I do the same thing. I refer to you guys as "my friends from the Halloween board" and my meatspace (real life) friends actually know who I'm talking about now. They don't even question why I'm taking pictures of everything anymore, they know it's for the board.

When I'm feeling down or overwhelmed, I can come cruise around here for a little while and it helps me so much. I've already suggested that we have a "morning after" type party the weekend after Halloween at Spooky's B&B to have a support group for all of us who will be clinically depressed November 1st.

We just all have to be here for each other, and start the countdown at day 364 until next Halloween. We can have another gift swap at the halfway mark, which I'm putting at May 2nd, or 100 days out, which would be July 23rd.

But ZOMBIES! is right, let's not miss the spooky forest for the scary trees, we have to savor it while it's here, so we can live in the past until it's here again!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:13 pm

kicking myself for not including this on the former post..best of luck and a speedy recovery with hubby's op there, Spooky. Keep us posted. he is just gonna come to the door and lift up his shirt?
I can see the little kids running now...ah, WHAT a holiday!!

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:53 pm

Oh my gosh, way to make me feel like a heel, Uncletor! But you're right, I'm kicking myself too! Spooky, I hope everyone heals up right before the big festivities, and I'm sorry I was late on my good wishes! Wow, I just noticed that I completely over-use exclamation points.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:44 pm

You guys are awesome!! I do the same thing, geekmidwinter...I talk about you guys all the time!! The folks at work have seen all the pictures on the site. The lady at the post office (I mailed my gift packages today) asked who I was sending the packages to, and I said: "My friends" and I realized that that was the truth, I really do think of you all as my friends. We will all be here on Nov 1st to help each other along for the next 364 days until next Halloween. In the meantime, let's give it all we've got and really enjoy our favorite holiday! You're right ZOMBIES!!!, as we used to say in the 60's: Be Here Now. PARTY!!! :lol:

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:50 pm

Thanks you guys for the well wishes. He is recovered. I can't believe how fast too. He was outside cutting the grass this afternoon, he goes back to work tomorrow, he feels great. I know I have had several surgeries in the past, and I have never come out of the recovery room, wide awake...I have 0 tolerance for medicine, I have never drank alcohol, or ever done any drugs or ever smoked 1 cigarette...so I think I have no tolerance for chemicals of any kind in my system...and being put to sleep does something whacky to my head, and I can never wake up, I never felt great either, like he wanted to drive home, and I said no way...with me...I felt like someone had run me over with a truck.
It is amazing what they can do these days.

I still keep thinking up stuff to decorate...like tomorrow I think I am going to make a "Jason" dummy...I wasn't going to....but now I feel the need to do something else.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:20 am

Glad to hear it.
Geez, he's a trooper, though..
Now the stuff with chemicals, I have run into before..especially in my line. Just the way you are made up, I guess...
Now, go out and get one of those BIG HONKEN latex scars..you know, one foot long, gaping...have him WEAR it under the shirt..and then wait..for the tot, the company, doesn't matter..as long as they KNOW.."...by the way, hon, how is the appendix incision doing??" And he opens the shirt and says;"Just fine, hon..did she tell you I DROVE HOME?"