Webs and Cobwebs Outdoors

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

Webs and Cobwebs Outdoors

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:49 pm

Wasn't sure if this belonged here or in Yard Hauntings...

I'm looking to decorate the front yard heavily with webs this year. Usually I have used the web-in-a-bag stuff which you first stretch then hang. Inthe past few years I have noticed that this material is being made much more cheaply than in the past. Rather than stretching into threads, it tears like a cotton ball when pulled.

So I am looking for a better way to produce cobwebs. In searching the web I found DIY web shooters, relatively inexpensive web guns and somewhat fancy web shooters.

Does anyone have any recommendations for products to create some serious webbing in a front yard in Texas? It will probably be warm and humid outside. Thanks!
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

mystixmanor
Ghost

Post by mystixmanor » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:57 pm

I was wondering this as well.. so if you find out please let me know!!
Mystix

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:16 pm

hmm what about angel hair?
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:40 pm

Hi Tantraman,

I'm not familiar with Angel Hair... did a search on google for "angel hair" and halloween but nothing came up... Can you tell me a little more about the angel hair?

Thanks!
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

Troynotown
Ghost

Post by Troynotown » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:29 pm

I found a product called "Cobwebs in a can" it is like in a can and you spray it. I used it last year on dead tree limbs and it worked awesome.

Do a google search and you will be able to find it. It's not cheap but one can will go along way! (It must ship ground transit)

Good luck!

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:52 pm

Troynotown, thanks!

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:53 pm

angel hair is a alot like the webs in a bag you get at the stores. its very fine though so be careful using it as it will get into your fingers and hands. i use it at christmas as snow under a manger scene. i wear plastic gloves when handling it though. it would probably look great as cobwebs too since its much more silky looking than the cottom webs you typically find. im not sure how much it runs for though so if your talking about doing an entire yard, i would go with something in a can that will probably cover more areas. angel hair is good for indoors (not sure how well it would stand up to outdoor elements).

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:20 pm

Does the web in a can come off easily from trees and such? I might use that this year but worried how to get it off. Also - what stores carry it?

teterouge
Ghost

Post by teterouge » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:10 am

We use a glue gun and a compressor. Heat up your glue gun and blow the melted glue onto whatever you want covered. It takes some practice, but the final effect is great. This method holds up great in the weather.

glamourme
Ghost

Easy, great-looking cobwebs!

Post by glamourme » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:56 pm

I'm new to the forum, but I love all the enthusiasm for a great holiday. I'm hoping to figure out how to post some pix of my outdoor decorations soon. Meanwhile, let me pass along a CHEAP but EFFECTIVE cobweb method they used at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA, last year for Howl-O-Scream -- cheesecloth! We get it in huge boxes and it lasts forever.
Rip it, poke holes in it, cut it, tug on it to loosen the fibers. It only looks better! Keep it white for outside and hit it with blacklight spotlights (by the way, does anyone know where to get blacklight spotlights?). The cheesecloth sticks to brick, practically like a magnet. Over this, I hang huge, hairy spiders. I drape it from all the bushes and trees and all around my gront porch. I replace my porch lights with black lights from Spencer's and the effect is great. At night, the cheesecloth does double duty and looks like ghosts in the trees. On Halloween, the TOTers have to brush up against it.
Also, drape some ripped cheesecloth from your pole light and cut up a clear, heavyweight gift bag (I used small purple giftbags) to the shape of the glass on your pole light and it looks like a blacklight without the expense. I also attached a raven to the top of my pole light and with the purple cast from the light under the "cobwebs," it's a great effect. Bonus: Save your cobwebs, they look better every year! For indoor use, dip the cheesecloth in coffee or tea to get an "old" look.