HALLOWEEN MUSIC

Discussion of general Halloween topics
JACKRYAN592
Haunt Master

HALLOWEEN MUSIC

Post by JACKRYAN592 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:18 am

CHECK OUT 13THTRACK.COM FOR SOME COOL HALLOWEEN ONLINE MUSIC YEAR ROUND. THEY ALSO SELL HALLOWEEN MUSIC CD'S.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:27 pm

I am a big fan of, well, not Halloween "music," necessarily, but Halloween sound effects records and tapes. Some good records came out in the 60's during the big monster craze. And during the 70's stereophonic production was refined, and we had a bunch of great-sounding horror records with sounds that really appeared to be in the room with you! You can find a lot of things on Ebay, sometimes very cheap. Ebay stores have lots of things at cheap fixed prices...and also lots of things at crazy inflated prices!

Some favorite records of mine are:

"A Night In A Graveyard/A Night In A Haunted House"
"Sounds to Make You Shiver" (Pickwick Records)
"Thrilling, Chilling Sounds of the Haunted House (Disney)
"Halloween Spooky Sounds"

There were also free give-away promo records offered on the backs of cereal boxes and such, I always liked those too because they were extra-silly and generally not very scary. Winchells Donuts put out a record like this, which I THINK was printed on a piece of cardboard, and it had the audacity to contain a commercial for their donuts right in the middle of it. I used to have that long, long ago, but it's gone now.
Last edited by tomanderson on Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:03 pm

Hi guys, and Happy New Year! I must have 25 cassette tapes and CD's with spooky sound effect/music in them. I can't resist buying them, because I love them. Although many do repeat themselves and have similar sounds/music, I always think that maybe THIS will be the new and different one. :lol: Just another facet of my Halloween addiction! LOL And you know, one of my absolute favorites is one put out by MARTHA STEWART of all people! Who would've thought?

JACKRYAN592
Haunt Master

Post by JACKRYAN592 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:10 pm

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF "SOUNDS TO MAKE YOU SHIVER" IS AVAILABLE ON CD?

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:20 pm

Ah, that one never came out on CD...I think there may have been some tapes, and I know some of the sounds ended up mixed into other sound effects tapes later.

There's certainly lots of vinyl copies of "Sounds to Make You Shiver" on Ebay, but of course you need a record player to listen to those.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:56 pm

I have to post after myself again....but I really love to see discussions about this kinda stuff...this audio stuff......it's the perfect complement to your spooky decorations and such because it provides that presence that floats in the air, really, and joins everything together with an atmosphere. It's a big part of the shared experience.

It's a bummer that it is actually hard to find a decent cheap record player nowadays. A person should be able to just run down to the local store and get one for twenty dollars, but no. You've go to hunt around in thrift stores and on Ebay to locate something decent and cheap.

And weirdly, despite the many joys that digital clarity brings, there is a special quality to these dusty old discs that you can't get from a CD.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:43 pm

I listen to then while I drive around in my car my daughter loves them. I live tales from the grave yard.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

halloweengirl
Crypt Keeper

Post by halloweengirl » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:21 am

O.K. THE ULTIMATE HALLOWEEN SONG IS "ThE mOnStEr MaSh"!!!!!!!!!.................................please does anyone agree?? :roll: 8) :wink:
NIGHT FOLLOWS THE LONELY MOON,MORNING COMES EVER SO SOON. author halloweengirl.

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:03 pm

I think the twightlight zone is great or haunted house.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:24 pm

When I can, i'll get the track lists for the three cd's created by my brother and myself.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:15 pm

hey nostal how would someone get your cds do you have a link to download ?

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:04 pm

No link, but we can go old fashion style. You send me S&H, I send you copys of them?
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:50 am

ok cool

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:16 am

Hi Everyone, I love listening to darkwave/dark instrumental soundtrack music for the dark imagination. These two bands I listen to, I just love them both and I play thier music every day, they're just pure relaxation music for the romantic goth soul. So, wether your planning a candle lite bubble bath, romantic dinner, cleaning house, or planning your next halloween party or haunt , these bands are awesome and provide great music.
Also these bands CD's are both very popular for Halloween, and Halloween haunts as well. Be sure to check them out. If you want to listen to music samples, well they offer some on their websites, but you can also listen to samples by going to http://www.amazon.com or here are their websites.
hhttp://www.noxarcana.com/ hhttp://www.midnightsyndicate.com/

Oh and a few other ideas for Halloween music that are also awesome are: Bram Stoker's Dracula Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, and Queen of the Damned " The Score Soundtrack", Interview with a Vampire Soundtrack